Sign in to follow this  
quietstormx1

Is anything at all going to be done about combat logging?

This is THE most frustrating aspect of any game I've ever played. You can spend quite a bit of time getting the advantage on people to take them out, or even when you eventually get the upper hand on a group of bandits who have attacked you, only to have it all go to waste because they ESC>QUIT and can find a save place in a new server.

As one of the player-based issues, is there any thing in the works..any kind of system to stop and/or prevent combat loggers? 

Anything???

I end up wasting ammo trying to shoot them 

This is an Alpha. Combat logging is the least of their worries.

right, I get that. Like I said, it's a player-based issue. I know it's not a technical issue.

However, this is an on-going issue that dates back to the mod.

I know nothing will be done for the next patch, or even for quite a while. But any kind of inkling to some kind of plan or system would be nice.

right, I get that. Like I said, it's a player-based issue. I know it's not a technical issue.

However, this is an on-going issue that dates back to the mod.

I know nothing will be done for the next patch, or even for quite a while. But any kind of inkling to some kind of plan or system would be nice.

Well they're clearly going to patch it, and probably in a similar way to the mod.

You pretty much just answered your own question.

Well they're clearly going to patch it, and probably in a similar way to the mod.

You pretty much just answered your own question.

Clearly? How is it clear?

I'm asking if there are any plans to get it done. I undestand implementing anything isn't a priority, what I am asking is if there is some kind of plan to go forward with and eventually implement.

Clearly? How is it clear?

I'm asking if there are any plans to get it done. I undestand implementing anything isn't a priority, what I am asking is if there is some kind of plan to go forward with and eventually implement.

Yes it's going to be fixed. It's a clear problem, it's just common sense that they're going to implement a fix.

What do you mean by a plan?

The plan is to fix bugs that have more significance than combat logging, then in a patch they will release a fix of some sort. There's a plan.

Pretty sure I remember reading a post by Rocket specifically saying that they haven't implemented the anti-combat logging code yet, because they want more time to get the servers stable and reliable before implementing changes like that. It's already been addressed, it will get fixed. Just like it did in the DayZ Mod. Calm yourself :)

I was just in a fight with two other guys, i was running around in the dark with m torch out, they spotted me just as I spotter them. So I backed off and they started to fire at me. I was not hit at all. 

*Owning up* I combat logged because I thought that the game wasn't stopping it yet like this thread suggests, but when I re-logged I was a new spawn on the coast. 

What's that all about? Is there any sort of timer etc implemented? 

It appeared to me like because I was shot at I was "in combat' and exiting DID register me as combat logging and killed me?

Anyone else experienced this? Is there or isn't there combat logging penalties in place?

This is an Alpha. Combat logging is the least of their worries.

please stop this useless " its an alpha" spam i beg please

it has NOTHING to do with the TE´s question so please stop it pleeeeasy

I was just in a fight with two other guys, i was running around in the dark with m torch out, they spotted me just as I spotter them. So I backed off and they started to fire at me. I was not hit at all. 

*Owning up* I combat logged because I thought that the game wasn't stopping it yet like this thread suggests, but when I re-logged I was a new spawn on the coast. 

What's that all about? Is there any sort of timer etc implemented? 

It appeared to me like because I was shot at I was "in combat' and exiting DID register me as combat logging and killed me?

Anyone else experienced this? Is there or isn't there combat logging penalties in place?

i think you logged on a server that was not on the whitelist for the databse for chars

Edited by chris90

In EVE online, if you log out during combat, your ship stays in space for 15 minutes after you log, which generally results in death. I'm sure the same thing could be instituted here.

• Like 1

Rocket has clearly stated that there is already a logout timer, but it is currently disabled.  I do not know why this is and when it'll be re-enabled.

• Like 1

I think hacking is the main priority for now..

But as mentioned combat logging will be addressed sooner or later "Don't worry be happy"

Edited by Aussie Bogan

It's not combat logging.. It is a game bug where the body disappears when someone is killed then leaves the game goes to a different server or re spawns too quickly.

Combat logging implies they leave the game befor they die to then heal and continue on a different server.

Rocket has clearly stated that there is already a logout timer, but it is currently disabled.  I do not know why this is and when it'll be re-enabled.

^This.

The logout timer will be back soon. :)

I prefer a playable game rather than combat logging being stopped

Atleast they're arent may hackers; 

please stop this useless " its an alpha" spam i beg please

it has NOTHING to do with the TE´s question so please stop it pleeeeasy

Yes it does.

There currently is no plan to patch combat logging, because it's an alpha. The plan will most likely be devised and released on a later date.

Yes it does.

There currently is no plan to patch combat logging, because it's an alpha. The plan will most likely be devised and released on a later date.

Rocket stated that there is a plan to patch combat logging, but he wants to ensure that the server's architecture is stable enough to implement it. In other words, the system is already pretty set up, but it needs to be tested and then added into the game.

Rocket stated that there is a plan to patch combat logging, but he wants to ensure that the server's architecture is stable enough to implement it. In other words, the system is already pretty set up, but it needs to be tested and then added into the game.

Sorry, I meant there's a plan, but what I meant was there's no plan to immediately fix it, as they have bigger issues.

Yes it does.

There currently is no plan to patch combat logging

Yes, there is.

because it's an alpha.

That's not really relevant. There was a performance issue, so it was temporarily disabled. It wasn't turned off "because it's an alpha."

Yes, there is.

That's not really relevant. There was a performance issue, so it was temporarily disabled. It wasn't turned off "because it's an alpha."

Read my latest post.