Sign in to follow this  
speca

Have a use for Gasmasks?

Now the game is in Alpha, i know that. But i'm not sure whether or not the gasmask will be used for anything or if it's just going to be a pretty prop. In the case of it not already having a future use in the full game/beta, i think it would be benificial to add some elements similar to STALKER/The Metro series in regards to the gas mask (For example, you can enter some areas other players cannot without the mask, if your mask is damaged/broken you would die/get ill, oxygen would also need to be added if this were to come into play). Either that or make it have some benifit for it's wearer, not sure what it would be.

First topic post in a while, this was just pondering in my head. Feel like i'm playing STALKER now if not a hybrid, the DayZ SA is a lot more immersive i'll give Rocket and the dev team that :)

I don't believe there is now, but it seems Dean wished to add some sort of airborn disease?

Whether it be from close contact with dead bodies, or what, I don't know. What I do know is, I would love to see the gasmask have a purpose in the future.

I don't believe there is now, but it seems Dean wished to add some sort of airborn disease?

Whether it be from close contact with dead bodies, or what, I don't know. What I do know is, I would love to see the gasmask have a purpose in the future.

Yea, something like that would be outstanding. 

Just imagine it

You are walking to balota. a sick guy who is starving asks you for food. you give it to him. He warns you that there are dead bodies all over Balota and its empty and it is smart to steer clear.

You keep your distance and thank him.

(you had a gas mask on so he didn't get you sick.