Sign in to follow this  
Frell

I love how dark night is, but the issue is

I love how dark night is because it stops people from gamma cheating, but the issue is it lasts way too long.

Night is a fun challenge, but maybe if the day/night cycles werent so long itd be less frustrating. Nothing says apocalypse like a blackout

Also sync all servers to the same day/night cycle (but make the cycle be 3 hours day 3 hours night) because switching to another server when your server gets dark is just as bad as spawn swapping

Edited by Frell
  • Like 1

(I am pretty sure) It is based off of real time. Long day, long night. Join a server from another country (thus different time) or play at day on a server hosted in your country.

The problem is even the US servers weren't set for US time. It was day at 3am EST and night around noon on most I played with good ping for me on the est coast. So it was always night time which gets old. Plus I want to see how things have changed and look now which can't be done at night.

if the time wasnt going real time, night would actually work, if it went like 1 hour night and 3 hours daytime....

• Like 1

if the time wasnt going real time, night would actually work, if it went like 1 hour night and 3 hours daytime....

this  would work also

1 hour bright day, and then 1 hour dusk and 1 hour dawn, and 1 hour of pitch darkness

The problem of playing at night is that it gives me a damn headache when using the flashlight to find loot at houses... Also the light of the flashlight is pretty much bugged. When aiming it inside a house, you can only see only a small circle, when it was supposed to light up the entire house (if you use a flashlight IRL you'll understand this, maybe I didn't know how to explain)...

And many guys say: 'Ah, you are all noob who cant play at night blabla'. Actually I really like to play at night, but not forever man. I enjoy day light too...

I love how dark night is because it stops people from gamma cheating, but the issue is it lasts way too long.

Night is a fun challenge, but maybe if the day/night cycles werent so long itd be less frustrating. Nothing says apocalypse like a blackout

Also sync all servers to the same day/night cycle (but make the cycle be 3 hours day 3 hours night) because switching to another server when your server gets dark is just as bad as spawn swapping

you have my beans (i even made a pool) about that 

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/156810-how-about-a-change-in-daynigth-cycle/