Sign in to follow this  
Fragsponge

Suggestion - Usable Train - Dayz SA

As the topic suggests:

-  A Train in a random poor condition, with say one carriage, spawns at a random point along the existing Chernarus rail system, possibly with a higher % chance at a rail station.

-  Survivors need to find parts to repair & refuel the train in order for it to be operational - these would spawn in obvious areas such as train yards & industrial areas and due to the weight of the

parts & amount of fuel required this would be a significant task.

- The train & carriage for those fortunate enough to make it operational would then potentially form a useful mobile base, however this train would not be fully lockable (like EPOCH) & thus would

be quite the prized target. Potentially players could be able to upgrade parts of the train, say with panels for protection, gun ports etc via the crafting system.

This vehicle could potentially become quite an important part of any settlement setup or attack on one.

Also,

If there is a plan for randomized events to be part of Dayz SA (bit like Arma 2 Wasteland or Dayz Epoch etc), a working version protected by AI might make an interesting mission worth the risk

• Like 2

I like the idea to have trains that players can repair and use, but i think that trains shouldn't be this overpowered just increase the capacity as refund for only being able to drive on rails and go for it, i don't see a reason why trains should have gunports and stuff while other vehicles don't.

A train - hell yeah.

Randomized events - no.

i like trains.

Edited by Twixxer
  • Like 1

Of course, no need for a massive locomotive, I think it might add an interesting alternative to the likely setup.