Sign in to follow this  
ReDim42

[suggestion] Crafting a ghillie

I have an idea for the crafting system, if it is not planned yet. My idea is to craft a ghillie / camoflage clothing with some materials of nature.

(this should be taken as in idea for later development).

Requirements:

- hedge clippers

- threads to create a clothing net (basis)

- maybe sheep wool or something to make it stable

- different colors (or one color) of grass | leaves | brush samples

- (crafting skill or blueprint)

- tube of lime or tools (like tailors ^^) | duck tape

Edit for Ceallach(general):

- Possibility to add brush samples | leaves or grass to every single item (including weapon as well).

Edit:

Disadvantages: Hamper of mobility ... makes u faster exhausted and disable running at all.

Rarity of item: May make some of them rare or handle the rarity with blueprints or something.

If u think i forget something, feel free to post it.

I am sorry about my english at all.

Greetings

ReDim42

Edited by ReDim42

Guille? You mean this Guile? :P

guile-sfa3-side.jpg

But yeah, I would like an ability to create my own camouflage stuff, including a ghillie.

Perhaps adding some leaves and branches to my headgear etc.?

Edited by Ceallach
  • Like 1

pick some leaves from a bush use duck tape easy as find different colour bushes then you get all sorts of colours 

Guille? You mean this Guile? :P

guile-sfa3-side.jpg

But yeah, I would like an ability to create my own camouflage stuff, including a ghillie.

Perhaps adding some leaves and branches to my headgear etc.?

Ye with hair scissors maybe .. and yes a way to put part of leaves and brush samples directly to any item.

EDIT:

Changed the topic headline from Guille to Ghillie.

Edited by ReDim42

Not really interested in seeing bush-wookie after bush-wookie. If it is added it should hamper your visibility and motor skills, considering most that use them in practice use them stationary and not running around it would make sense after all.

• Like 1

Not really interested in seeing bush-wookie after bush-wookie. If it is added it should hamper your visibility and motor skills, considering most that use them in practice use them stationary and not running around it would make sense after all.

Seems legit to avoid everyone is moving around with it.

Added disadvantages to the first post. And rarity ideas.

Edited by ReDim42
  • Like 1

That's a good point. Keep them rare back in the day it was always a hype getting a ghillie 

No. Ghilles are rare and should stay that way. 

Finally someone thinking sensibly. it's a survival game, not bloody minecraft!

Yea i have mixed feelings on this one....as you can see from my profile pic I love making ghillies. In fact the first place id hit up in an apocalypse is fleet farm, get enough burlap rolls, netting/deer fencing and dye to make ghillies to hid stuff/myself. Buuuttt they take an incredibly long time to make(roughly 90 hours for that one), and making some kinda instacraft system would take away entirely from the realism of it. Although it would also be sweet to customize it like they are doing in the origins mod.

But I digress, imo while I think crafting them would be cool, it really makes more sense for them to stay a rare loot spawn. I do think they should add more styles, I never liked how the stalker suit was used for the bandit skin...cause a stalker suit is one of the better ways to conveniently break up the upper body. It be cool to see a stalker suit, an actual ghillie, and then more variations of the gorilla suit style. But yea no crafting.

Finally someone thinking sensibly. it's a survival game, not bloody minecraft!

getting emotional :) 

Yea i have mixed feelings on this one....as you can see from my profile pic I love making ghillies. In fact the first place id hit up in an apocalypse is fleet farm, get enough burlap rolls, netting/deer fencing and dye to make ghillies to hid stuff/myself. Buuuttt they take an incredibly long time to make(roughly 90 hours for that one), and making some kinda instacraft system would take away entirely from the realism of it. Although it would also be sweet to customize it like they are doing in the origins mod.

But I digress, imo while I think crafting them would be cool, it really makes more sense for them to stay a rare loot spawn. I do think they should add more styles, I never liked how the stalker suit was used for the bandit skin...cause a stalker suit is one of the better ways to conveniently break up the upper body. It be cool to see a stalker suit, an actual ghillie, and then more variations of the gorilla suit style. But yea no crafting.

Hmm nice argument to let it a loot spawn. But it should be very rare (millitary only) and modify able to get back to the crafting system.

I guess this could be a solution to the split feelings.

Greetings

ReDim42

Hmm nice argument to let it a loot spawn. But it should be very rare (millitary only) and modify able to get back to the crafting system.

I guess this could be a solution to the split feelings.

Greetings

ReDim42

Yea I realize at the end of my post I typed no crafting, which implied of any sort. Sorry i've been having some mild insomnia lately, couldnt sleep last night, feeling pretty tired. It certainly would be sweet to see some aspects of crafting thrown in, because a ghillie is in a way very modular. Natural vegetation would be the coolest thing to add to it, cause thats the most important aspect of a ghillie.

But yea certainly a really rare spawn with customization options for crafting would be sweet. 

Again, the people crying "It's OP" and "I don't want bush wookiees everywhere" are a bit off-point here.

If it's made suitably prohibitive to wear (i.e. limiting your choice of pack, vest, melee weapon, and/or overall carrying capacity) as well as prohibitive to craft/loot (i.e. rare ghillie webbing suit). Then I'm all for it. Making it semi-craftable is another layer of variation in that the user could apply (ostensibly different colors of burlap) to the ghillie suit in order to better suit the background environment. Likewise, this could allow for a bit of "player skill/knowhow" if one inadvertently makes a bad pattern on their ghillie.

Edited by Katana67

We are not off point at all we are entitled to our opinion just like you are yours. The simple fact is neither opinion can instantly become validated as fact as they are just opinions.

As I am entitled to my opinion, my opinion is no because then everyone will have one eventually given some time. Having it as a rare loot spawn or not having it at all is best because when players get a ghille the first thing they do is camp in a tree/bush and snipe.

Again, the people crying "It's OP" and "I don't want bush wookiees everywhere" are a bit off-point here.

If it's made suitably prohibitive to wear (i.e. limiting your choice of pack, vest, melee weapon, and/or overall carrying capacity) as well as prohibitive to craft/loot (i.e. rare ghillie webbing suit). Then I'm all for it. Making it semi-craftable is another layer of variation in that the user could apply (ostensibly different colors of burlap) to the ghillie suit in order to better suit the background environment. Likewise, this could allow for a bit of "player skill/knowhow" if one inadvertently makes a bad pattern on their ghillie.

I honestly dont know why people care about seeing people with ghillie suits running around, to me it sounds like being obstinate for the sake of it. I dont think its OP I do think it removes a lot of the realism if, you just instantly make it.

I agree with you mostly, the only issue I see is there wouldnt be enough variation, I could (relatively easily) plan a stalker suit that I could run in, carry probably at least a 50 Litre pack in, and by taking my hood off have complete situational awareness plus stay relatively cool. So there would have to be other tradeoffs as well. But I am thinking in terms of realism I suppose. In straight up making it difficult to wear, I like the idea and have thought of how cool it would be to craft it. But in my mind I think finding the suit and customization would be a bit better from a realism standpoint IMO. The only issue I have with making it cumbersome is the fact that the suit itself is not actually very practical in game, at the distance that grass fades players can usually see you with or without a ghillie. So in essence making it hard to craft plus annoying to wear would really just make it so we would see "less bush-wookies".

Edited by Davschall

To me one of the best parts of the stand-alone is seeing how different every survivor looks. If you were to add in a Ghillie suit this would go away people would loot hop for them if they were spawned items, If they were crafted people would likely do the same for the one rare item it needed to be crafted. Thus again as i stated in my first post it would become just like the main hive of the mod when duping/hopping was in its hey day before all the sub-mods(breakingpoint, overwatch, dayzero, and other map mods) and the mass exodus to private hives to the game we'd see them everywhere on just about every survivor up north.

I'm personally not a fan of the ghille suit, as I think clothing should be kept mainly civilian based such as the mountain backpacks and bog standard clothing. I think if they keep adding individual clothing elements in it will create more diversity for the character's appearance.

You do realize that you can still take your pack with you. When sniper skull drag they attach a rope to there equipment bags and and tie it to one of there hands and drag there bags with them. It's super slow and ineffective at getting anywhere fast but it is possible.

No. Ghilles are rare and should stay that way. 

Ghillies should be removed from the game, Instead you should create your own ghillie on your current clothes and gear but it won't make you 100% hidden like the ghillie does

To me one of the best parts of the stand-alone is seeing how different every survivor looks. If you were to add in a Ghillie suit this would go away people would loot hop for them if they were spawned items, If they were crafted people would likely do the same for the one rare item it needed to be crafted. Thus again as i stated in my first post it would become just like the main hive of the mod when duping/hopping was in its hey day before all the sub-mods(breakingpoint, overwatch, dayzero, and other map mods) and the mass exodus to private hives to the game we'd see them everywhere on just about every survivor up north.

You might be right, but I think the reason we saw so much of that in the mod, is because everyone had a generic skin. The gillie suit just looked cooler so everyone wanted one, to change their skin. With a wealth of options in clothing and character customization, I think people might tend to lean away from wearing only the ghillie. I noticed a lot less people wearing the ghillie in the origins mod cause there were more skins. 

I'm personally not a fan of the ghille suit, as I think clothing should be kept mainly civilian based such as the mountain backpacks and bog standard clothing. I think if they keep adding individual clothing elements in it will create more diversity for the character's appearance.

I dont think clothing should be kept mainly civilian at all (not that I dont like it, I do and the variation is awesome), whats the point of having military spawns, if no military loot spawns there. I think you should find more military clothing than weapons honestly, cause realistically that would probably be the majority of what you would find/be able to access. Of course your point is valid too which is why I think variants of the ghillie would be cool, because people who choose to wear them would look slightly different. 

Idk rocket is obviously trying to take the game the more civilian route.I like the military loot because 1) Camouflage>Civilian clothing every-time, from a role-playing standpoint, I certainly wouldnt be running around the woods or even the cities in high visibility clothing 2) Idealistically, everyone would gunning for it eventually, meaning it makes sense to have it in. Of course Im thinking from a realistic standpoint again.

On another note, I'm assuming they will add the ghillie at some point. Server hopping is one reason I dont get why people abhor private hives so much....lol when I first played dayz at first I thought "What?!? Its like cheating to be able to carry your items between servers!" Having only played private hives for the most part, I honestly dont understand (aside from the obvious start with a saw, vehicle every ten feet servers) the downfall of someone not being able to just loot an empty server then wreak havoc on a full one.

There should no Ghillie suits in the game. No craftable Ghillies, no lootable Ghillies, none.

Always operate under the principle that any powerful item, no matter how rare you try to make it, will be farmed until a section of the player base will all have them as a matter of course. 

Also, Rocket, no NVGs. Ever. 

Permanent removal of NVGs and Ghillie suits would be brave step in the right direction for this game. This is a survival game. Not a military themed death match.

Edited by Zarathustra