muggerfugger (DayZ)

Anyone else randomly dying?

I logged and i was at NEAF on a server with only a few other people.  I made a short video of me interacting with a zombie. Went into the look out tower thing, look at some pants that were laying on the floor, and then BAM! Black screen saying i'm dead. There were no shots, no other zombies around. no sounds happening, nothing, just sudden death.

It was weird because all my items in the item bar thing were white, and it wouldn't let me respawn. I had to close the game and reopen it, and surely enough I was on the beach.

I full health, full color, no thirst, no hunger.

has anyone else had a similar thing happen?

I guess possible someone could've some how been completely silent, and walked up to me and smacked me with a axe, but i doubt it.

Edited by muggerfugger

It's possible that you were just sniped and didn't hear the shot.

Did it say your were dead or unconcious? Did you eat any rotten fruit or maybe have a chug on some disinfectant? There are many things that can cause sudden loss of consciousness but sudden death I'm not so sure, besides, any health issues would be hinted at (quite blatantly) in the messages you receive at the bottom left of the screen.

Was never unconscious. Just sudden death. i was in side on the first floor. Wasn't much room for anyone to sneak in, or to snipe me.

sadly i cut fraps off right before it happened because I was going to leave the game anyways.

Was just reviewing the video, and no one in sight. Weird.

Wouldn't have been happening to climb a ladder was you?

I died climbing the ladder up Green Mountain's tower fully kitted out  :(

Wouldn't have been happening to climb a ladder was you?

I died climbing the ladder up Green Mountain's tower fully kitted out  :(

no, i stopped and was looking at the inventory of some pants laying on the ground. When it happened i assumed it was a weird glitch with it, hours and hours of playing and never had it happened, which is why i created the topic.

Edited by muggerfugger