Sign in to follow this  
kstrife

Mouse problems multiple users with issues?

Grabbit - Posted Yesterday, 12:08 AM

Hello DayZ Community,

I have a mouse bug, where whenever I look around my mouse moves in a sinus like way.
Currently I am using a Cyborg RAT7 with the lates driver of the MadCatz Homepage.
I have tried every option in the config menu to make my mouse move regular, but it did not work. Every single combination between mouse smoothing, head bobbing and aiming deadzone did not give me any positive results.
In every other game my mouse works just fine, so I dont understand why this game is the exception... Is this just an early stage Bug?
There are no gamepads or anything like this plugged in.
I am thankful for your help!

Verex11

Posted Yesterday, 01:46 AM

I've noticed that mouse acceleration is permanently on as of now and unable to be turned off. This means that if you try and turn your mouse very quickly it will go slow, and if you ease it left or right gently you tend to whip around a lot faster. I wonder if this could be a contributing factor to your problem.

fearer

Lt_Zwieback

SAME HEREEEEE, registered just to join this thread!   ;)  Or should I rather   :( ...

Uh guys, this is the mod section... are we right here? AM I right here?! Are you talking about the mod?

kstrife

Hey so Iv'e played fps games for years but never arma or dayz and got the standalone as it was recommended by a friend.

I have a brand new pc and razer death adder but there is a problem that is making the game unplayable for me in terms of the mouse sensitivity / control.

If i look up or down its incredibly fast but if i attempt to move left or right it feels like im a 3 legged elephant stuck in mud.. its jittery uneven and moving diagonally is virtually impossible... ontop of that the mouse accel is ridiculously unpredictable. For example if i practice a smooth movement to my left and do the exact same amount of movement with the same speed a second time and i can end up looking behind me.

I saw someone post that having a xbox360 controller attached can cause this problem but I have removed it but the issue is still occurring.  

Nibiru

hey all,

So i just purchased DayZ on steam. First of all i want to say that i know it is in alpha,

And that im not crying about anything , i just wanna know if there is a temporarily fix for this.

Oke lets get to the point. I have this weird Mouse movement , that my head goes up and down really fast.

and left to right very slowly. í've tried practically everything, making the x axis faster, y axis faster etc.

I just cant solve this issue, I asked other people in my steam list and they say they arent noticing any problems with it.

I doubt theres a problem with my mouse since it's brand new , and no problems in other games. ( Roccat XTD )

So can someone help me out? Thanks.

PS: never had this issue in the old DayZ, Arma2 or Arma3.

Nibiru.

HellSnake

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:26 PM

I was experiencing exactly the problem you are describing. It was really annoying and made the game unplayable for me. 

Let me guess: do you have a controller plugged in? If so, try unplugging it from your computer. Worked like a charm for me.

Please tell us if that solves your problem too, so I can confirm it was caused by the controller (mine was an Xbox 360 controller) and report this bug so the devs can fix it.

yahhzoo

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:34 PM

I have this same issue with the mouse sensitivity and I don't have any controllers plugged in. Its not the end of the world and It definitely didn't stop me from playing for hours last night but it is some sort of bug. 

Hello there,

You're not alone. I also find this mouse control annoying.

I'll try to more accurately describe the issue:

- X and Y axis have seriously different default speed. Hopefully this can still be tuned with the sliders

- for some reason, I can NOT turn mouse acceleration off. Button stays on "On". I assume there's some .cfg trick, but I havent tried yet !

- last but certainly not least: there seem to be a mouse speed "cap", which is what makes it the most unbearable for me.

I know these might seem "light" issues, and I don't know if it's just how the game is coded or if it's an issue that only affect a few people... but they are what prevent me from playing the game without wanting to kill kitty cats (zombie kitty cats though, don't you worry!)

I also have no game controller plugged in that could be conflicting with the controls (first thing I checked !)

best,

Callyste

Edit:

Oh, forgot one last point: reticle has that weird freedom of movement on the Y axis, while X axis is fixed. Makes the whole thing even weirder!

Is there any Dev's around that can put up an explanation or a suggestion to this problem ? I've searched for hours looking for a explanation to fixing my mouse and the game is unplayable has been since release. I'm looking at getting a refund but I dont want to because im sure its a good game I just wish to play it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.. :(

The mouse is all sorts of screwed up, I don't know if it's to try adding some sort of "realism" because it doesn't (I for one don't have an epileptic fit when I try turning left or right, maybe there's something wrong with me). They should make the mouse sensitivity 1:1 with no dead zones.

The mouse is all sorts of screwed up, I don't know if it's to try adding some sort of "realism" because it doesn't (I for one don't have an epileptic fit when I try turning left or right, maybe there's something wrong with me). They should make the mouse sensitivity 1:1 with no dead zones.

Do you experience the uneven x / y sensitivity on your mouse? like your head goes up and down ridiculously fast and left and right really slow? and can you explain the dead zones to me ? iv fiddled with the setting and I cant see a difference : ) ! 

I've discovered that only the INGAME toggle for Mouse Smoothing doesn't work. It still affects the option, there is just no "OFF" graphic to display.

Check in your User Documents folder for a "DayZ" folder. In it is a file called %Username$.DayZProfile. At around line 292 in that file is:

mouseSmoothing=0;

If it is a "=1" just make it 0 and your set. Also bear in mind that this is the only direct setting edit right now that I can even suggest or recommend making, don't touch anything else unless you don't mind breaking things. And make a backup first.

I've discovered that only the INGAME toggle for Mouse Smoothing doesn't work. It still affects the option, there is just no "OFF" graphic to display.

Check in your User Documents folder for a "DayZ" folder. In it is a file called %Username$.DayZProfile. At around line 292 in that file is:

mouseSmoothing=0;

If it is a "=1" just make it 0 and your set. Also bear in mind that this is the only direct setting edit right now that I can even suggest or recommend making, don't touch anything else unless you don't mind breaking things. And make a backup first.

thank you ill give it a shot when im home from work : )

You mean the ridiculous Negative Mouse Acceleration? It's awful. Just take acceleration and smoothing completely out of the game, it's anti-pcShooter.

mouseSmoothing=0;

Mouse Smoothing is NOT the same as Mouse Acceleration...

sNju: Never said it was. However, I don't experience acceleration issues so I don't know what more to say on the subject other than to address the disparity of the in-game UI vs. the config file for what option IS available.

Edited by Zacam

They should just copy ARMA3's mouse code, that feels amazing.

it seems they should have copied a boat load of stuff lol. (mouse, weapons code, weapons skins, weapons SOUNDS)

i mean even the simplest of things are broke. How the fuck in all the testing that was done before alpha did no one say, "oh wait a minute, this mouse is ridiculous, lets fix that before release"

it seems they should have copied a boat load of stuff lol. (mouse, weapons code, weapons skins, weapons SOUNDS)

i mean even the simplest of things are broke. How the fuck in all the testing that was done before alpha did no one say, "oh wait a minute, this mouse is ridiculous, lets fix that before release"

It works much the same as the Mod, which is to say we are used to it and so it doesn't give the rest of us fits. We realize the game is not a twitch shooter despite being a shooter and don't have sensitivity on our mice turned up so high that it triggers Mouse Acceleration. I'm so used to it I don't even notice it and can move and shoot accurately. 

It works much the same as the Mod, which is to say we are used to it and so it doesn't give the rest of us fits. We realize the game is not a twitch shooter despite being a shooter and don't have sensitivity on our mice turned up so high that it triggers Mouse Acceleration. I'm so used to it I don't even notice it and can move and shoot accurately. 

This is not true. I have over 400 hours played in DayZ mod and this "negative acceleration" was never an issue for me there. In SA I'm not able to get rid of it no matter what I do.

Sorry i bring this up again, try to turn off the post processing, see if it helps.