Sign in to follow this  
sibble

Character keeps resetting!

75% of the time I login my character gets reset.  Last time this happened was just now.  I logged in on a server, get a new character.  The last time I logged in before this was about 4 hours ago.  This is not from server hopping (I know that sometimes causes it as well.)

This is about the 6th time it's happened, not a huge deal it's pre-alpha I don't expect to keep anything, but it's getting quite annoying.  I like playing to the full extent of what the game is currently capable of.  It's kinda hard to do that.

Edited by sibble

Oddly enough that happened to me earlier. I clicked on Play but it took me to the Server List and my History was blank so I had no idea what server I was on before. So I picked one at random and was spawned on the beach with noob gear. Well, after heaving a large sigh (I know, I know, it's Alpha) I proceeded to start again. I got into the game about an hour when I had to quit.

When I came back and logged in I noticed that my splash screen showed my previous character and, sure enough, I spawned in as my previous character with all my gear.

I've been very careful to only join servers that were up to date.

Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

As far as I know this is a known bug that is being looked into by the dev team. Happened to me yesterday as well. But I take that one on the chin due to karma from not being killed by the database wipe.

Its because private hive *Non Whitelisted* servers wipe your character

Edited by Shadowfray

Also if you're on the Experimental build, its a different database as well.

It hasn't happened to me yet, i'm sticking to the same few servers/hosts that i usually do, i'd say you should do the same so you don't lose your gear from transitioning. 

75% of the time I login my character gets reset.  Last time this happened was just now.  I logged in on a server, get a new character.  The last time I logged in before this was about 4 hours ago.  This is not from server hopping (I know that sometimes causes it as well.)

This is about the 6th time it's happened, not a huge deal it's pre-alpha I don't expect to keep anything, but it's getting quite annoying.  I like playing to the full extent of what the game is currently capable of.  It's kinda hard to do that.

It's happened to me once or twice.  It may be due to attempting to connect or play on a server that doesn't have the latest version or due to settings on that specific server.  With new versions being released on a fairly regular basis this is likely to happen until the bug gets addressed or you're at least given a warning before connecting to a server that wipes your character progress.

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly

Its because private hive *Non Whitelisted* servers wipe your character

I only play on US * #-# servers (US Central, US East, US NJ, US CA, etc.)  Pretty sure those are official hives.