Sign in to follow this  
h3retic

Lets talk scopes - Suggestion/Commentary

As the title suggests this post is about scope attachments in dayz sa.

I noticed that weapon scope attachments (higher magnification ones, but ones that upon zoom-in do not have black screen around the lens, e.g. acog) go into highest possible zoom by default, which means that aiming down sights brings u the "closest" possible to the target.

This right away poses certain issues:

- high zoom limits the close quarters abilities of the weapon used;

'--> by lowering ur fov;

- it is also less realistic, as u dont ALWAYS literately glue ur face to ur scope while using it;

- there is no need to force players to go into highest zoom by default;

- OPTIONAL, it would also be better to be able to use Alt to look around all at the same time as properly aiming down sights (optional because can pose some issues with gameplay)

Solution:

I would like to suggest that devs add the older yet both more realistic and more convenient for us players system that was used in Arma 2 (with certain modification), where players were offered lower zoom by default, but couold hold right mouse to zoom in closer on target.

Surely it is not too hard to implement, yet would benefit gameplay immensely.

Thank for reading and feel free to share ur thoughts on this.

-h3retic

Edited by h3retic

As the title suggests this post is about scope attachments in dayz sa.

I noticed that weapon scope attachments (higher magnification ones, but ones that upon zoom-in do not have black screen around the lens, e.g. acog) go into highest possible zoom by default, which means that aiming down sights brings u the "closest" possible to the target.

This right away poses certain issues:

- high zoom limits the close quarters abilities of the weapon used;

'--> by lowering ur fov;

- it is also less realistic, as u dont ALWAYS literately glue ur face to ur scope while using it;

- it would be way better to be able to use Alt to look around all at the same time as properly aiming down sights;

- equivalently, there is no need to force players to go into highest zoom by default;

Solution:

I would like to suggest that devs add the older yet both more realistic and more convenient for us players system that was used in Arma 2 (with certain modification), where players were offered lower zoom by default, but couold hold right mouse to zoom in closer on target.

Surely it is not too hard to implement, yet would benefit gameplay immensely.

Thank for reading and feel free to share ur thoughts on this.

-h3retic

why cant i put the 8x scope on the m4?

why cant i put the 8x scope on the m4?

Not designed for that model.

I think there should be some variable magnification scopes, but the majority (of the already rare optic category) should be fixed magnification. It's a pretty big advantage to have that kind of capability for your sniper rifle, and said capability has to be justified by an appropriate level of rarity.

Sniper rifles, contrary to what BF and CoD assert, have really no place inside of 100m. They are long-range tools and must be treated as such. Not only for "realism"/"authenticity", but for weighing out the significant advantages of using a sniper rifle at range.