Sign in to follow this  
Romulus (DayZ)

Changed Servers: Might as well of died.

So here is my issue. I was playing with my brother, i had to step away from the computer for a bit so as any sane person, i logged and when i returned, joined a server (not the same one) and i found myself on the coast with a flashlight w/ battery. Shocked at this i thought maybe it had to do with the different versions on the different servers like i had read on other threads,at first i had went through all of the servers in my history, same coast spawn, so i tried two other servers, same results. I am okay with losing my gear, not so worried about that, but i would like to know if anyone has had this happen? 

So here is my issue. I was playing with my brother, i had to step away from the computer for a bit so as any sane person, i logged and when i returned, joined a server (not the same one) and i found myself on the coast with a flashlight w/ battery. Shocked at this i thought maybe it had to do with the different versions on the different servers like i had read on other threads,at first i had went through all of the servers in my history, same coast spawn, so i tried two other servers, same results. I am okay with losing my gear, not so worried about that, but i would like to know if anyone has had this happen? 

Yep, it happens.  Don't get too attached right now...or...to be honest...EVER. O_O

Death is always around the corner.

Yep, it happens.  Don't get too attached right now...or...to be honest...EVER. O_O

Death is always around the corner.

well i enjoy the game, and it didnt get me to stop playing or anything. later that same day i got back on and the same thing happened to my brother only difference is he was knocked out, woke up, bandaged himself, glitched, relogged and new spawn.

It's a common issue apparently to do with a server's ability to remain connected to the hive. Also, some servers have not yet been "white-listed" and so they will not have permission to access the hive yet and will not store your progress (or be able to retrieve your data from the hive, so logging in to these servers will effectively "wipe" your character).

rocket discusses the issue here: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/155698-serious-database-issue-bug/

Here's the tracker issue: http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=78

You should go there, vote it up and add comments about your own experiences to increase visibility on this relatively critical issue.

In the meantime, I suggest you use the "Favorites" function to flag servers which reliably store your progress, then only play there.

It happened to me only once thank goodness, but one of my friends in game discovered that servers starting with a 4 - *** whatever numbers are the most likely to do this. It will be in the beginning of the server name. Some are 1-234, 2-118, 3-012 etc. Stay away from the 4's!

It happened to me only once thank goodness, but one of my friends in game discovered that servers starting with a 4 - *** whatever numbers are the most likely to do this. It will be in the beginning of the server name. Some are 1-234, 2-118, 3-012 etc. Stay away from the 4's!

While perhaps true at the time, this is probably because those servers were new. Once they get white-listed, they will have access to the hive like all the other servers.

The most important thing is to play on servers that have existed for at least, like, 24 hours or so. New servers are the problem.