Sign in to follow this  
jsanchez1230

Bodies just disappearing

Was playing in NWAF and i happened to kill a person when i went to loot their body their body just disappeared does this mean they combat logged its happened a few times now

Your character is rendered and calculated by your client and only upon death and release will the server take over your character and transform it into an NPC corpse. If you don't release your body and respawn the server isn't allowed access by your client since it's still registering a player entity presence. So lets say you kill someone and the person rage quits by pressing alt+f4 then the server will never get the information of that persons characters death and will still consider him to be alive. The server will then remove the character avatar from the gameworld as it normally does upon logging out.

It's pretty shitty, but hey, it's in alpha.

Edited by Jaux
  • Like 1

Your character is rendered and calculated by your client and only upon death and release will the server take over your character and transform it into an NPC corpse. If you don't release your body and respawn the server isn't allowed access by your client since it's still registering a player entity presence. So lets say you kill someone and the person rage quits by pressing alt+f4 then the server will never get the information of that persons characters death and will still consider him to be alive. The server will then remove the character avatar from the gameworld as it normally does upon logging out.

It's pretty shitty, but hey, it's in alpha.

I hate it when they come after you, you kill get them and they just disappear.

They can log back in and still be alive? So I just ran teh hell out of there.

Edited by AP_Norris

so then why does it also happen and to zombies.

me and a buddy tested it out.

and your body disapears even if you stay there for like 5=8 seconds before disconecting respawning.

its wierd and its anoying. so far since this wierd bug i just stoped shooting people and i make them drop their gear and then let them go.

I hate it when they come after you, you kill get them and they just disappear.

They can log back in and still be alive? So I just ran teh hell out of there.

Yep, the server will create them in the last known state and position they were before death. So if you get shot in the head and instantly die then you recover with full health and all your items. However, if you're wounded before death the server will recreate them at that state as well. So my tip is: Wound them real badly before killing them, they'll get stuck in that state until they man up and respawn. :)

Edited by Jaux

so then why does it also happen and to zombies.

me and a buddy tested it out.

and your body disapears even if you stay there for like 5=8 seconds before disconecting respawning.

its wierd and its anoying. so far since this wierd bug i just stoped shooting people and i make them drop their gear and then let them go.

I think that is intentional to take of a huge load from the servers. Zombie corpses stack up pretty quickly and it's too taxing for the server to keep them all in the game, especially during alpha.

Edited by Jaux

Consider it the equivalent of a player about to die pulling the pin on a grenade to booby trap his own body like Leon did in The Professional.

I think that is intentional to take of a huge load from the servers. Zombie corpses stack up pretty quickly and it's too taxing for the server to keep them all in the game, especially during alpha.

but it did not do this in the vanila version of the alpha. it all changed at once. im sure its juste that the system is not workinng properly so they removed the corpes part of the game and everything despawn. 

i tried it with a budy and my body stays there until i log off or i respawn i waited about 5 minutes befor doing both. im sure its part of the game that is not ready.

i just hold up and help people unless they look to dangerous