Swordfish (DayZ)

M4 firemodes? (semi/full)

I don't see an option for it anywhere within the config. I thought that I read somewhere on these forums that it was T but it's not. I can't seem to find it. It used to be F in the mod but it's not even in the config options in the SA. Am I missing something or is it not there?

Edited by Swordfish

Careful, my thread earlier today was immediately flamed for an apparent lack of trigger control  :P

Presently i dont think there is any kind of fire select implemented. I mashed a few buttons last night in a vague hope but without results. 

• Like 1

Rocket said "T" is the key to change fire modes on his Twitter.

Hitting "T" doesn't have any confirmation when you hit it, so I'm wondering if it actually works, but I haven't had something worth shooting at to warrant testing this. Maybe I'll go out into the woods and shoot some rounds into a tree. I'm just nervous about using it in town frivolously.

Careful, my thread earlier today was immediately flamed for an apparent lack of trigger control  :P

Presently i dont think there is any kind of fire select implemented. I mashed a few buttons last night in a vague hope but without results. 

Honestly if someone is flaming you for a lack of trigger control they're an idiot. Single shot is for killing, full auto is for suppression fire. You're not going to accomplish much of the latter with a 30 round magazine unless you're in a squad and even then staggered three round bursts are more effective anyway.

Since 99% of players are going to be running solo and using their ammo to attack other solo players, full auto is not going to be an appropriate setting to have your weapon on.

Rocket said "T" is the key to change fire modes on his Twitter.

Thanks, I knew I read that T was it somewhere but within the config is assigned to toggle weapons. Is it confirmed at all yet? I need to find some more ammo before attempting it. I might be able to get a friend to try it within the hour though. I'll post if it works or not. I'd assume someone has tested it already though.

Edited by Swordfish

Honestly if someone is flaming you for a lack of trigger control they're an idiot. Single shot is for killing, full auto is for suppression fire. You're not going to accomplish much of the latter with a 30 round magazine unless you're in a squad and even then staggered three round bursts are more effective anyway.

Since 99% of players are going to be running solo and using their ammo to attack other solo players, full auto is not going to be an appropriate setting to have your weapon on.

Exactly how i've played shooters since '06. The fire rate of the M4 is far too high to *reliably* shoot single shots in full auto. And the muzzle drift is too great to keep on target blasting full auto at 200+ meters.

But hey, these kids with madskillz are bound to know what they're talking about. Can do it in CoD right?  :lol:

M4 should be semi / 3 round burst. M4A1 is semi / full.

I'm pretty sure any gun with burst fire can go auto.

I'm pretty sure burst only guns are Battlefield/ COD logic.

T is confirmed to be the firing mode key. I don't see a way to tell what is without firing a few shots though.

There is a gun HUD I think, I remember the zero range popping up as 100.

Maybe click page up and page down to view fire modes?

Not all. They can all go semi/full or semi/burst or semi/burst/full. The M14A2 I used in basic only had semi/burst, for example.

• Like 1

There is a gun HUD I think, I remember the zero range popping up as 100.

Maybe click page up and page down to view fire modes?

The range pops up like it used to with page up/down along with optics if your gun has them with / but don't see any signs of what firing mode you're currently using.

Edited by Swordfish
  • Like 1

This man deserves an apology.

I'm sorry, I didn't know, I should've done some proper research.

From what I've read the Americans went to 3 round burst because guys in Vietnam were firing off all their ammo like crazy and hitting nothing. Three round burst doesn't lend itself to the spray and pray technique like full auto does.