Sign in to follow this  
vonlinchen

Blood Not Regenerating?

My screen is constantly black and white, even during daylight.

Initially I assumed it was blood loss but I've been playing over 2 hours now on the latest patch and it hasn't changed at all.

My screen is not blurry just black and white, Gamma & brightness at 50%

My food indicator is not present nor my drink indicating I am at maximum on each.

Is blood regeneration not working?

Official word is that the latest patch fixed it, yet I have encountered the same problem. I could eat all I want, no health regeneration. Hopefully a hotfix will bring the solution.

Weparo

yes noticed the same.  ate and drank to full and just sat in a field for half hour IRL.

no changes to colour in game.

on latest update .30 (today's update)

log out and back in didn't have any effect to recolouring screen.

Edited by exogravis

Official word is that the latest patch fixed it, yet I have encountered the same problem. I could eat all I want, no health regeneration. Hopefully a hotfix will bring the solution.

Weparo

You don't eat to regain blood, it regenerates passively over time while your character is neither hungry or thirsty.

I don't think it's working though. I played about 90 minutes today without my character being hungry or thirsty and don't seem to have regained any health. Either that or it's very, very slow.

• Like 1

My character had almost black and white vision though fully fed etc. (no hunger or thirst, nor sickness). I kept eating and drinking few extras and then kept playing for a while more. I then took an hour break and once I logged back in the game, my vision was all colorful again.

Check your graphic settings i find some turn back on them selves for some reason when i logg off.

check your resolution 100% option 1080 i think

and something like post something effects turn that off and something about smoothing in the settings

My screen is constantly black and white, even during daylight.

Initially I assumed it was blood loss but I've been playing over 2 hours now on the latest patch and it hasn't changed at all.

My screen is not blurry just black and white, Gamma & brightness at 50%

My food indicator is not present nor my drink indicating I am at maximum on each.

Is blood regeneration not working?

Vitamin pills+ increased food/drink intake.

to regenerate blood you need to increase your energy levels past what they would usually be.

dayzSA is about preparation. blood test yourself. AB+ means you are god.

take a blood bag before you need it, and regenerate blood over time with vits+f/d as i stated before.

you now have to fill a blood bag with your own blood unless you know A) your blood type B) your donor's blood type C) that they both match/are compatible.

IDEAL partner blood type: O- (compatible with all as donor)

IDEAL personal blood type: AB+ (compatible with all as recipient)

It's not working for me either, i'm full on food & drink, but my character is constantly moaning, i checked in the inventory, I am not infected

Is it possible to have something that cannot be seen in the inventory ?

I have eaten stupid amounts of food, including large amounts of fresh fruit and even taken vitamins.

Played with every video option, I am certain it is character related

Edited by vonlinchen

IF you guys press tab and look at your character, does it say healthy? Mine does. Are you drinking soda? I hear that lowers the overall health of the character.

Please answer even if yes or no as i would like to know, i think i regained some color, but i hadnt lost much so im not sure if its just me going crazy :) but it did say "health" next to my character model.

Saline IV seems to fix this problem just gotta find someone to give it to yah tried it myself and worked

You don't eat to regain blood, it regenerates passively over time while your character is neither hungry or thirsty.

I don't think it's working though. I played about 90 minutes today without my character being hungry or thirsty and don't seem to have regained any health. Either that or it's very, very slow.

Oh, ok :) That's the mod's way so naturally I assumed... But as you said, I don't think it's working.

IF you guys press tab and look at your character, does it say healthy? Mine does. Are you drinking soda? I hear that lowers the overall health of the character.

Please answer even if yes or no as i would like to know, i think i regained some color, but i hadnt lost much so im not sure if its just me going crazy :) but it did say "health" next to my character model.

Wooot? I've never seen that ("health"). Do you have a screen?

Edited by Weparo

Oh, ok :) That's the mod's way so naturally I assumed... But as you said, I don't think it's working.

I believe it is actually working. Several people claim to have regenerated a decent amount of health. I haven't had any luck though. About 2 hours of play time without being hungry or thirsty with no other status effects and I've not noticed any increase in screen colour. :(

I believe it is actually working. Several people claim to have regenerated a decent amount of health. I haven't had any luck though. About 2 hours of play time without being hungry or thirsty with no other status effects and I've not noticed any increase in screen colour. :(

Same here. In the end a Zombie knocked me out.... Bammm, mosin w/ scope, ammo and other nice stuff gone :'( But hey, remember rule #1 :D

I have been playing for about 4 hours, I have been eating and drinking a lot, had some vitimins, rested regularly for about 10-15 mins every so often, while I have been traveling up north and still my screen is just as blurry as it was when I sustained my injury. Oh and I have even had painkillers.

So either blood is regenerating very very veeeeeeeeeeery slowly, or it's borked.

Here's a strange thing: 

I was attacked by a zombie. Bandaged wound, applied alcohol tincture. Character registered as "sick" for a while and then it went away, yay!

I kept character full of food but screen color has remained slightly muted. So,  I decided to try and change my bandages and apply the alcohol tincture again to improve characters health. I found some antibiotics and thought I would take some at the same time as applying the new bandage. I'm almost positive that when I applied the alcohol tincture, my character immediately registered as "sick" again. I took antibiotics and he's remained "sick" for a few minutes.

Can I report this as a bug? Also, how long to the antibiotics take to kick in.

On another note, it would be super sweet if I could see my bandages as applied to my body. It would give the character customization another level. Like whoa! That dudes been through hell and back. Anyway, thanks for any feedback you can offer.