Sign in to follow this  
Pinky Stavo

Weapon Spawn Rate Reduced?

Hi All,

While playing yesterday and today, I've found it difficult to find any weapons except for the hatchet or crow bar.

I'm checking the Deer Stands west of Bor, the farm build west of bor, the military / factory style building north side of Electro, the control tower and hangers at the south west airstrip but only really finding ammo.

Previously I would have found a shotgun or something at least.

Is this just my unfortunate timing and someone has beaten me to them or perhaps I missed a patch note? Anyone else noticed this as well?

Cheers

Pinky

Weapon spawns seem fine for me. When I was still playing during 1.7.1.5, I found a double barrel shotgun, a winny, a 1911, and a macaroni

I'm seeing a reduced amount of certain weapons. Definitely more hatchet's and double barrel shotguns though. I'm seeing a ton less food also :(

found a heli crash site, fn fal, fn fal with night scope and 3 mags, mk40 with 2 mags.

My only problem with spawns is when you drive a vehicle up to any object spawn location(barn/deerstand/house/hangers/atc tower/firestation/church/shacks/warehouse/supermarkets/barracks/hospitals/heli crash sites)

NO ITEM SPAWNS until you get out of the vehicle almost 100metres away or further. Then the zombies spawn and bumrush you because of the constant smoke grenade effect vehicles have that attract zeds....

Why can't items spawn if you are driving a vehicle (to) right outside the supermarket for a quick grab and run?

Some rates were reduced. Some by as much as half. You can google the loot cheat sheet and compare to previous versions.

Cool, thanks for the responses. I'll keep plodding away and try some new locations to see if that helps.

I suppose the places I'm checking are fairly close to the coast so maybe I should head further in land.

Cheers

Pinky