Sign in to follow this  
pojo2k8

[suggestion] please add sleeping pills

Please consider adding sleeping pills as an object, then be able to

1) consume 1 to go unconscious (not sure why you would do this), or force feed them to other to make them go unconscious (for kidnapping, revenge, blood harvest, fun)

2) consume 2+ to kill yourself (suicide), or force feed them to other to kill them (banditry/murder, or revenge for banditry/murder)

3) crumble and add 1 to water to make whoever drinks it fall unconscious

4) crumble and add 2+ to water to make whoever drinks it die

5) crumble and add 1 to food to make whoever drinks it fall unconscious *cannot poison canned food without opening it

6) crumble and add 2+ to food to make whoever drinks it die *cannot poison canned food without opening it

This would add new element to banditry, and possibility of betrayals.   More importantly, I would poison a food or water item in my inventory so that if I was robbed/murdered then the person getting it would have to be careful.  If I poisoned it and then forgot and ate/drank it, shame on me. 

Edit:

1) Add idea to kick in effects over a few minutes.  First the water "This tastes funny..."   Then 5 min "I'm getting tired..."  Then 5 min vision blurs, then 5 min you're unconscious.   Perhaps before full effect you take the charcoal pill to counteract.   Maybe you could run to a water source in the few minutes and drink yourself till vomiting, thus cancelling the knock out and recover without passing out.   Also might give the victim a chance to extract their revenge if the person that did it to them is sticking around.

2) Add the ability to carry/drag unconscious victim similar to wounded in Arma.

Edited by pojo2k8
  • Like 6

I like the idea, But those must be some damn strong sleeping pills to kill you after taking two!

Perhaps it could be, 1 - Makes you sleep (Assuming this is added) 2- KO 3-4 - Death ?

Seeing the stuff they still have to do you might want to repost this idea in about half a year.

Love the food poison idea though, it has real merit but the poison itself would have to be uber rare. And i would employ it myself by poisoning something in my bag and making sure i get revenge on whomever killed me later. In light of this idea, a check option on food would have to be introduced.

But who knows, the dev team might bite.

• Like 1

2 sleeping pills won't kill you.

They would just give you one hell of a good nap.

Not even necessarily a good nap. Unless you actually go to bed sometime after taking sleeping pills you won't fall asleep. You will probably pass out by the time you're up at about 10 pills (depending on strength and what kind of course), about twice that amount and alcohol and you have a chance of dying.

• Like 1

Seeing the stuff they still have to do you might want to repost this idea in about half a year.

Love the food poison idea though, it has real merit but the poison itself would have to be uber rare. And i would employ it myself by poisoning something in my bag and making sure i get revenge on whomever killed me later. In light of this idea, a check option on food would have to be introduced.

But who knows, the dev team might bite.

What do you mean by check option on food?  I just thought you'd drag and drop the pill bottle onto the food to spike it, then pick the amount in the pulldown, then there's nothing you can see or smell to tell after that it's been spiked. 

The idea is good, but you might want to call it poison instead of sleeping pills. Using pills on self to go unconscious could fake death so that if you or your party attracts a horde of zombies and you know you're not going to make it, you take a pill and fall so deeply unconscious that zombies see you as a corpse and won't eat you. If you use pills on other guy to make him fall unconscious and then draw blood from him and use that blood on yourself, your vision would go blurry. If you used several poison bloodbags, the effects would be more severe :P

That would be boring as hell... I take a pill and for the next... half hour (how long exactly?) my screen is just black with the unconscious state on it... That sounds exciting...

It would also be terrible for anyone you do it to as well. Sitting there staring at black isn't fun.

As was mentioned, make them poison pills or something that make someone sick and MAYBE kills them (though just really sick is probably enough) that way you aren't looking at blank screen for ages (anything longer than 5 minutes is far too long) and it gives you something to do to sort out your situation.

Isn't the charcoal pills supposed to be a counter to poison?

It would be pretty nice if you could poison food items, maybe you could find rat poison or something as loot, and then you would be able to poison wet foods like food cans (as said, they would have to be opened ofcourse) and eating the food would then cause poisoning. There would be no notification (except ´´This food tastes funny´´) If you eat it, so this might backfire is the poisoner keep sthe item in his/her inventory...

Not really feasible as sleeping pills take about 30-45 minutes to work. Unless you plan on force feeding somene and sticking around until they get sleepy, anyways.

It's a good idea with the sleep pills or poison.

Would make killing players for food have more risk element which is great. Plus, if you had consumable items taken from looting a player and you wanted to be safe, you could force someone to be a guinea pig with one serving of the item. Great idea. A lot better than the IED in backpack suggestion that seems to be being put forward lately.

That would be boring as hell... I take a pill and for the next... half hour (how long exactly?) my screen is just black with the unconscious state on it... That sounds exciting...

It would also be terrible for anyone you do it to as well. Sitting there staring at black isn't fun.

As was mentioned, make them poison pills or something that make someone sick and MAYBE kills them (though just really sick is probably enough) that way you aren't looking at blank screen for ages (anything longer than 5 minutes is far too long) and it gives you something to do to sort out your situation.

I doubt you'd try to knock yourself unconscious.   That would more likely happen accidentally if you put one in water to use on someone else, then accidentally drank it.   That would be your stupid tax.

As for using it on others, I would love to do that to the a$$hats that KoS.  Either by getting KIA and having it looted off of me, or giving it to them in a robbery would be the goal.  THen they get to stare at the screen, or forces them to quit and that kills them. 

I like the idea of the water "This tastes funny..."   Then "I'm getting tired..."  Then vision blurs, then you're unconscious.  Effect kicking in over 10 minutes.  Perhaps before full effect you take the charcoal pill to counteract.   Maybe you could run to a water source in the few minutes and drink yourself till vomiting, thus cancelling the knock out.   Also might give the victim a chance to extract their revenge if the person that did it to them is sticking around. 

In Arma you can drag or carry unconscious or wounded.  This could also be done with drugged player.   You could knock someone out in a kidnapping and be able to carry/drag them off. 

Who knows if they'd do it.  As i recall, Rocket was interested in ideas that enhance the player to player experience.  

• Like 1

Wow, That would actually make the game alot more fun and interesting. And the risk factor of killing someone for food would probably result in less KOSing.

YES ....lets just add more crap we dont need just for the sake of it ...whilst were at it ....why not add Extacy so we can force feed them to players so they dance with zombies all night?

Edited by Massicor

Though I'm not entirely on board with this idea... the whole thing about poisoning food for revenge on your killer raises a good idea. Something like this, adding a risk to killing and looting people even after they're dead, would surely make some people think twice before murdering everyone they see.