Sign in to follow this  
Craux

Barricaded homes?

Not sure if the idea was thrown but other uses for wood maybe to barricade windows and reinforce doors in abandoned homes so we can kind of call a place of our own? Of course you can chop down the barricades with axes to prevent anything being permanent.

This is very practical and wouldn't be a broken feature to where most houses in other mods were locked to everyone and only you. Im just curious to see if people would take advantage of this and re-created communities n such from abandoned towns.

Could give more incentive to leave the coast and find secluded small towns. Of course this is for future ideas, the to do list has more important things :)

Edited by Craux

I would love that. You should also be able to store items in cabinets and stuff. That would be awesome.

This aspect will come late on, in the more in depth game content development.

Of course! But it doesn't hurt to brain storm for the time to come :)

Oh of course not chap!

There is a ton of ideas i harbor my self for this aspect of the game!

I believe the old take and hold building idea was spoke off by dean him self at one point, i think it would be great to be able to find a little cabin or even house close or in the woods, that you can barricade up, next to a small river and close to some near by fields were you can harvest natural supplies.

I think a great idea would be of the likes of the Epoch build system, but much more in depth with a lot more materials!

Better yet, a player can choose any house through-out chernaus, and make a home-stay, storage area only used by him or her... but then again that takes the aspect of raiding out of the picture :|

But I would like a tiny door opening sound in the future at least. Had a guy enter a building I was in, made sure I closed all the doors just in case. Caught em though!

In reality, you would never put anything of any value in there because someone would break in in a matter of minutes/hours. As good as it sounds, that kind of base building is never going to work imo.

Better yet, a player can choose any house through-out chernaus, and make a home-stay, storage area only used by him or her... but then again that takes the aspect of raiding out of the picture :|

Yeah, I believe anyone should be able to enter in and out of the newly used homes, If it was any type of temporary locking mechanic it would be putting a wooden plank at the other end of the door. A way to open the door could be just chopping the door down.

Personal "loot banks" if one could call it that..must have a way for any other player to get to it but good idea though

In reality, you would never put anything of any value in there because someone would break in in a matter of minutes/hours. As good as it sounds, that kind of base building is never going to work imo.

This idea is in a sense no different than a tent like in the mod but just more of a personal preference. Tents have their uses but also have their consequences. Personally I just thought of it to give life to the towns again lol

I think dean said that the zombies uhh don't magically spawn in buildings and towns can be cleared out over a given ammount of time right?

Edited by Craux

This idea is in a sense no different than a tent like in the mod but just more of a personal preference. Tents have their uses but also have their consequences. Personally I just thought of it to give life to the towns again lol

I think dean said that the zombies uhh don't magically spawn in buildings and towns can be cleared out over a given ammount of time right?

Yeah, it's basically one huge tent, put in a high traffic area. I think you can see where things go wrong from there :) It would be a cool addition to the game but wouldn't really serve as a "base". That kind of base building would only work on a HUGE, procedurally generated world I think.

Yeah, it's basically one huge tent, put in a high traffic area. I think you can see where things go wrong from there :) It would be a cool addition to the game but wouldn't really serve as a "base". That kind of base building would only work on a HUGE, procedurally generated world I think.

Not sure why but the term base erks me...lol

Anyways I see your point but if the definition of 'high traffic' would imply places where people would look for loot...if you look at this map this place is huge in a sense. There are small towns people look over or the probability of any high traffic in certain areas are reduced compared to other towns. Im trying to see your point but I just can't think of a down side to it. Its a point of perspective on what is a good hunker-down location and what isn't. If we wanted to go back to the 'in reality' bit. One would want find a certain creature comfort. like a home, temporary at least.

Yep, it's been discussed before but could use a bit more of it.

I'm preparing a write-up for construction whenever they have a SA suggestion forum.

Using the existing houses in DayZ seems a far more suitable solution than trying to shoehorn in instanced bunkers and/or crazy HESCO bastion bases.

Rocket mentioned storage in the last stream I believe, so that'll probably be a good starting point.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 1

I'm preparing a write-up for construction whenever they have a SA suggestion forum.

Danke