Sign in to follow this  
davschall

Why Id like to see a non pvp server or two...

Maybe even a 24/7 day server/no pvp......now before I get lynched for even the suggestion, let me explain. I play the mod still, I find pvp to be incredibly invigorating and heart stopping at the same time, no other game can send as much adrenaline through your body, than dayz when you accidentally stumble across someone or are wandering around and start getting shot at. I love it. But the fact of the matter is the standalone isnt to that point yet, I really dont care about dying and losing my stuff cause I have no real place to store surplus, no real endgame, and my character gets wiped every couple days. I expect this obviously cause it's in alpha...which is why I dont play the alpha like the mod.

I want to run around test everything figure out what stairs dont work right, where i can accidentally glitch through walls, etc. Most importantly I want to talk to other people who are messing around and I want to see if they are getting the same issues I am, talk to them about it. But you cant do that if 1) morons are gonna run up to you with an axe when your a fresh spawn, or  2) When you cant even have trust enough to sit there talking with someone without worry about getting killed. 

I want to test every aspect of the game but cant do that if Im constantly on the lookout for other players, or meetings are to tense to converse about their experience. Maybe what I think is important testing isnt, Idk thoughts?

Edited by Davschall
  • Like 2

Doesn't seem to me like something that would warrant a dedicated server.

It would have to be like this; you host your own private hive server, room for like 5 people max.

I doubt it's a good enough reason for it though. Would take too much precious time to implement.

I totally agree.

It would be nice, if there could be a server, where the Z's are even harder to kill, so the environment becomes the real threat instead of the players.

A nice idea could be a peaceful town, too. One place for chatting and trading, where attacking players will be punished. Leviathan ftw. 

Maybe even a 24/7 day server/no pvp......now before I get lynched for even the suggestion, let me explain. I play the mod still, I find pvp to be incredibly invigorating and heart stopping at the same time, no other game can send as much adrenaline through your body, than dayz when you accidentally stumble across someone or are wandering around and start getting shot at. I love it. But the fact of the matter is the standalone isnt to that point yet, I really dont care about dying and losing my stuff cause I have no real place to store surplus, no real endgame, and my character gets wiped every couple days. I expect this obviously cause it's in alpha...which is why I dont play the alpha like the mod.

I want to run around test everything figure out what stairs dont work right, where i can accidentally glitch through walls, etc. Most importantly I want to talk to other people who are messing around and I want to see if they are getting the same issues I am, talk to them about it. But you cant do that if 1) morons are gonna run up to you with an axe when your a fresh spawn, or  2) When you cant even have trust enough to sit there talking with someone without worry about getting killed. 

I want to test every aspect of the game but cant do that if Im constantly on the lookout for other players, or meetings are to tense to converse about their experience. Maybe what I think is important testing isnt, Idk thoughts?

I understand this. I was in test for this most recent patch and was getting killed on site when I was trying to test out the changelog to see if it worked.

After dying a few times with no warning because it was night and I had my flashlight out I just gave up.

Some people make it really difficult to alpha test.

Doesn't seem to me like something that would warrant a dedicated server.

It would have to be like this; you host your own private hive server, room for like 5 people max.

I doubt it's a good enough reason for it though. Would take too much precious time to implement.

I thought of that as well, especially with server costs. Lol I want it for such legitimate reasons, but no ones gonna accept private hive and I doubt the devs will even enable it. My only thinking is all servers are the same at this point. Theres no need for competition, someone might see it and think its a good idea (hell even naming it no pvp), or I was thinking along the lines of the official servers I assume are being hosted by bohemia.

Idk it would be met by a lot of hardships, too many to really take root. Naming a server no pvp but not implementing/enforcing it, would just encourage morons to get on and start wreaking havoc. While an actual non pvp server would attract to many people who want MOar LEwt. Idk I was really just thinking out loud, It'd be really cool to be able to join a server where there was like 50 people who you knew just wanted to test things out.

No.

Oh dear.  > :(

See things like this Im trying to avoid, I'm not uneducated and if you bothered to read my post before replying. You might have made an intelligent and informed post, but instead you read 2 lines and decided to post one and 2 words. Its trollishness like this that makes me laugh because I see people posting its in alpha blah blah blah, but try to play the game like the mod. Im not trying to PLAY the game, im trying to TEST it. I thought thats what I bought it for...unless its just an excuse for a soft release, and the devs actually want no input from the players. Notice how I didnt ask for some God mode or some small player server (actually I think that more players on at a time=more stress testing for servers and more communication with other players), hell even 24/7 day doesnt make a whole lot of sense because (and guess what I thought about it) there are glitches that could be related to night time. But I thought it might be an option for more test-ability for items and such. Then notice how I point out the flaws in my own request. Im not some kid coming on here....gUyz i gET kILEEd al Teh tIem, MaKE it stahp! Im just genuinely trying to speak my mind about something I thought might be cool. Not even saying hey make this a thing. I dont mind opinions opposing my ideas, I welcome them, cause ive already found flaws in my plan but if its just nonsense, ill thank you for the free bump (I guess) but thats all your post is worth.

Edited by Davschall
  • Like 1

my suggestion would be to have a community agreement for the alpha: full kos pvp on the airfields and in cherno, and the rest a neutral zone.

so if you want to duke it out, you go there and know whats coming to you.

the neutral zone would be a place to test stuff, loot, gear up, and basically learn your way around.

but thats utopia, because there are so many ignorant pvp killwhores in the sa already,

who will deliberately grief ideas like this just because they can.

rent your own server and put a password onto it... give the password to trustful people and you're done...

But stop coming with up those stupid suggestions...

DayZ is ALSO PvP and never ever ask to disable it...

I'd steal your beans if i could...

Edited by Gaint

Lol that kind of cohesion as delightful as it sounds, impossible (but you already know that). Lol maybe form a clan of 50 players and just hijack a server or something. That would be a really cool situation though, because I do think pvp does need to be tested, I mean its not ai you're fighting all the time. Latencies need to be tested, and things like that. Idk in reality, its probably just a dream. But I have a lot of dreams lol. You are certainly right about the killwhores out there. Who knows, I do think that respawning loot should be implemented very early on would make it much easier to be able to just cruise around and find these bugs. If i'm not constantly dying of hunger I can make it further inland. When it comes time for release, let the banditry begin. Just gives heros (like me) a nice target. The main reason id like a lot of players is so you can have a more cohesive list, if im sitting here thinking im discovering bugs on a 2 man server, while jack dick and sally are posting about the same bugs on the forums just fills the forums up I guess. 

rent your own server and put a password onto it... give the password to trustful people and you're done.

But stop coming with those stupid suggestions...

DayZ is ALSO PvP and never ever ask to disable it...

I'd steal your beans if i could...

1) Read my post...fully comprehend then please by all means make a more knowledgeable suggestion, 2) read my new post.

Wow I dont even know what to say, I try to explain I like pvp, in the mod, and will enjoy it in the full game. But right now why try to play an ALPHA as a full game, some people want to and thats cool (I dont see the logic in it but whatever). But I want to test the game. I find more bugs by actively trying to find them, thAn by accident (although the accidental ones are the funniest). Hell im confused cause you cant even get a fully satisfying pvp in the SA right now. So why make a bigger deal out of it? I never said that pvp was bad I just said I wanted to be able to talk to people (because sometimes bugs can be caused by hardware, its god to get multiple opinions). But you cant trust anybody (which again I like in the mod it makes meeting people tense adds immersion). I dont find it productive in the least.

One I cant afford a server (nobodies fault but my bills/priorities, well and servers are like 70 bucks a month) which is why i was thinking (not really even suggesting) maybe one or 2 official servers could be no pvp. Two the amount of people I know who own the SA are a grand total of 2, one of them sits right next to me as we play. So THAT wouldnt be very effective. Lol steal my beans? Cry about it? People thought I made good points (while I appreciate the support it is by no means why I posted) you come on and make a trollish statement and think you got me? Nah. 

Edited by Davschall