Sign in to follow this  
Tocaefoge

Idea to reduce pointless killing

Hey, this is just an idea, the game tries to simulate real life so lets face it killing other people affects your psycologic health. I suggest a penalty if u kill too many people, like for example u kill 10 guys in 1 hour it could affect you, just some ideas of how:

- Filling depressed with affects of dyziness, maybe temporary blurred image where u would have to rest for a while eat etc, maybe implement anti depression pills to face with that easy.

-increased hunger and thirsth rates caused by the depression, temporary or something like that.

I think something like this better made ofc would reduce pointless kills on sight, encorage robings and all the fun stuff, u would only kill in last recource cuz u dont want to risk your health if u can just get stuff without killing, there would be alot more player interection,

I think banditism is really funny but kill on sight inst, with some sort of penalty u would think twice before just shooting some1 down.

Been requested a thousand times. Most don't like the idea of artificial mechanics to control how people play. Scars ammunition and damaging loots when shooting players is already implemented to control kos. 

Edited by landfish

PvE servers  for pple who dont whant PVP! i think is the best way to go!

PD: i love PvP

Well there's always the potential of gear being destroyed and I think that's a realistic factor to consider.

DayZ is meant to be in your own perspective and how you would feel by the actions the person has done. Making your character feel these symptoms you pointed out takes out that immersion and I wouldn't want people to feel forced to change their behavior only because it pleases that one person. The point is, your DayZ character is a representation of you. It's a harsh realization of a post-apocalyptic environment in the game that's meant to be this way.

PvE servers  for pple who dont whant PVP! i think is the best way to go!

PD: i love PvP

PVP is a big part of what DayZ is, i really don't see how pve only servers would be in the spirit of dayz

PVP is a big part of what DayZ is, i really don't see how pve only servers would be in the spirit of dayz

thats true!

Maybe after you someone kills someone, Barney falls from the sky and start singing songs about togetherness and love.

Should be no fake symptoms from killing. If you like hugs and snow flakes, then you're playing the wrong game.

Bandit skin does its job.

Edited by muggerfugger
  • Like 1

If people want to Kill on Sight, then there should be no restrictions on it. If I go into an army barrack, looking for ammo or just simple resources and see another player, I'll going to kill them. If I'm at an admin building and see another player, I'm going to kill them. There are people who do it on purpose, I've done it a few times and I'll do it a lot more before I finish playing this game but then there are players who do it to get the loot first or simply just to survive. 

Problem with PvE servers is that you lose a large portion of the survival factor that DayZ has. What if you set up camp in the south-west corner of the map, your loot nicely stored but someone comes across it while you're there and tries to steal it. It's a PvE server and thus you can't defend it so does it become impossible to loot tents? If so, people can set up in the middle of Cherno without any problem. Zombies, especially in the Standalone, are far from a threat. Players are the most lethal factor in the game. 

It's just a factor of the game that people need to adjust to if they haven't already.