Sign in to follow this  
cygnet

ShadowPlay Disabled with DayZ SA?

I've been using ShadowPlay ever since it game out for beta, and I had no issues at all recording BF4, AC black flag, and many more games. Now when I get on DayZ SA, it has the normal green dot in the corner, but with a red slash through the middle. Same with livestreaming to twitch.

Now, everytime I select my hotkey to start recording it lags my game for about 5 seconds, and stays at the green dot with the slash through the middle and doesent record anything at all.

Whats going on? How can I fix this?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, I'm am honestly really new to this whole site and I got confused hahah

I'm not entirely sure what shadow play is? Is it a recording software of some sort? I think you are asking the wrong peeps here, isn't there a forum (on another site) for this "shadowplay"? 

Maybe someone more knowledgeable can chime in here.

Edited by Casual007

I'm not entirely sure what shadow play is? Is it a recording software of some sort? I think you are asking the wrong peeps here, isn't there a forum (on another site) for this "shadowplay"? 

Maybe someone more knowledgeable can chime in here.

ShadowPlay is a built in recording software with the Nvidia Experience that only comes with Nvidia cards.

• Like 1

I've been using ShadowPlay ever since it game out for beta, and I had no issues at all recording BF4, AC black flag, and many more games. Now when I get on DayZ SA, it has the normal green dot in the corner, but with a red slash through the middle. Same with livestreaming to twitch.

Now, everytime I select my hotkey to start recording it lags my game for about 5 seconds, and stays at the green dot with the slash through the middle and doesent record anything at all.

Whats going on? How can I fix this?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, I'm am honestly really new to this whole site and I got confused hahah

Seems weird, did you recheck it was ok with other games ? Maybe your hotkey is clashing with an in game key ?

Seems weird, did you recheck it was ok with other games ? Maybe your hotkey is clashing with an in game key ?

Yup, even uninstalled shadowplay and nothing worked. I have a feeling its something to do with DayZ? Not sure :?

FRAPS isn't working either... at least for me.

On a side note, does anyone know how to go from windowed/fullscreen windowed/fullscreen? I saw a streamer do it but I don't know how it was done.

Fraps fine here, full screen. Was fine for me during testing as well.

Edited by Hetstaine

Fraps fine here, full screen. Was fine for me during testing as well.

Shadowplay is a better option for Nvidia owners because it has an H264 encoder on the GPU for kepler cards which results in a 0% performance hit when recording at 1080p 60fps. FRAPS is an option but you can see why he wants to get Shadowplay working, as do I.

Hi, I have found a solution, its working for me. Go to game directory (e.g. c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\DayZ\), right click on dayz.exe and properties, go to compatibility tab, check the "run this program in compatibility mode for:" and choose windows vista. I'm running on GTX 660 and windows 7 and i downloaded beta version of nvidia drivers.

I believe shadowplay only supports games that are in the geforce experience list.
But there are people who got it working, not for long though.

Edited by LemonVTS