Chimaera

Barbed Wire .. Getting really annoying now

Just been killed a while ago and im still creeping around looking for kit after a death, usual scenario.

But whats pissing me off is barbed wire, nearly every other fecking building has it across the doorway stopping me getting in.

Now i understand its use but can it be not used where the noobs are all its doing is making the game harder and its plenty hard for noobs atm anyway.

I can understand using it blocking stuff like your tents etc but dont block the fecking doors so no one can get in.

Grr

Just one of the things annoying me and i thought id share

maybe wire cutters should be introduced into the game, that way barbed wire would only be an obstacle for zeds.

I tried to get into a medium yield on the coast after I spawned and was blocked from the building completely with it. I just moved on. I don't yet know how the fence works, like if there is an item you have to find to build more, or if it just magically is generated from the tool. If I knew this, I could better form an opinion. If fence materials have to be scavenged, then I guess it seems fine someone puts it where ever they want. If the tool just magically spews fence, then it's a little silly.

maybe wire cutters should be introduced into the game' date=' that way barbed wire would only be an obstacle for zeds.

[/quote']

Maybe it was a bug but I spawned into the Balota Airport tower and it was fenced in. I just hopped the fence with 'v' and had no problems exiting. Couldn't you do this to enter too?

if its close to stairs its pausible to vault it. but on even ground its too high.

So I've heard you can dismantle the wire with a tool kit. I came across some wire in the power station in Electro, had a tool kit on me, but could not work out how to use it. Mouse wheeling etc nothing seemed to give me an option to dismantle it. Anyone know the proper procdure to get rid of the damn stuff?

It is possible to remove the wire fence with a toolkit, yes. A bit hard, though, you have to find the sweet spot, which is small (it's the middle post on the wire fence).

So the problem is not that it hurts you, but it's too high to jump over?

Also, how do you lay it down? How much does each spool give you? I have a pair of spools but have never tried to use it.

When I find that someone has stupidly blocked the entrance to a major building with wire (yes, it's super annoying, I agree), so that almost no one can get in (or will have the patience to try), I make a note of these spots and then make it a point to run right back to them if/when I find a toolkit, and remove it all. Feels so good. :)

today I saw sandbags blocking the stairs in the Electro firehouse. I was able to vault, but I've never seen that. it seems sometimes you can vault the barber wire, but not if it's by a doorway. and zombies walk right through it just like everything else...

So the problem is not that it hurts you' date=' but it's too high to jump over?

Also, how do you lay it down? How much does each spool give you? I have a pair of spools but have never tried to use it.

[/quote']

Right click in inventory, click the option it gives you. That's all. Puts down one (quite long, wide and high) barbwire obstacle.

Tank trap works the same, and people like blocking those small single-entrance houses with those.

maybe wire cutters should be introduced into the game' date=' that way barbed wire would only be an obstacle for zeds.

[/quote']

I can cut wire fence using toolbox

Toolboxes aren't all that common though (at least for me) and wire fences are very common, as of recent I have seen many.

All it does is block players. Perhaps it would be best to set it so they cant be setup inside buildings (if at all possible)

So frustrating when looting especially in the firehouse.

what sucks is when you can see something you need/want on the other side :-/

When I find that someone has stupidly blocked the entrance to a major building with wire (yes' date=' it's super annoying, I agree), so that almost no one can get in (or will have the patience to try), I make a note of these spots and then make it a point to run right back to them if/when I find a toolkit, and remove it all. Feels so good. :)

[/quote']

Just be careful that the building doesn't have a gun toting madman in it.

I occasionally like to role-play a crazy person whose response to the apocalypse is to barricade every entrance to the firestation, then wait inside and shoot anybody who comes near. Two wire fences to block the big doors, and a tank trap in the small door, then see how long I can last before someone kills me. Done it a couple times now and it's hilariously fun. ;)

So, you're getting annoyed because someone else sets up a defense and wont let you in? I thought that was the entire point of a defense in the first place.

I don't see the problem here exactly, I have taken down many a fence on buildings that I have needed to loot.

[/quote']

Maybe it was a bug but I spawned into the Balota Airport tower and it was fenced in. I just hopped the fence with 'v' and had no problems exiting. Couldn't you do this to enter too?

Were you the guy who I didn't get into a gunfight with in that same tower yesterday? I came up the side and identified myself as friendly, just looking for supplies.

When I find that someone has stupidly blocked the entrance to a major building with wire (yes' date=' it's super annoying, I agree), so that almost no one can get in (or will have the patience to try), I make a note of these spots and then make it a point to run right back to them if/when I find a toolkit, and remove it all. Feels so good. :)

[/quote']

Just be careful that the building doesn't have a gun toting madman in it.

I occasionally like to role-play a crazy person whose response to the apocalypse is to barricade every entrance to the firestation, then wait inside and shoot anybody who comes near. Two wire fences to block the big doors, and a tank trap in the small door, then see how long I can last before someone kills me. Done it a couple times now and it's hilariously fun. ;)

Ha that sounds like fun. I hope you were ranting and raving through the direct voice chat too!

Barbed wire isn't useless as far as containing zombies, a friend and I found a factory containing a few setup tents and all entrances covered with wire. The main entrance had three or four wirefences layered very closely in front of each other. While looking for an alternate entrance we aggrod many zombies from inside the wall, and most of them got stuck in the wire. Maybe 3/4 of them.

So' date=' you're getting annoyed because someone else sets up a defense and wont let you in? I thought that was the entire point of a defense in the first place.

I don't see the problem here exactly, I have taken down many a fence on buildings that I have needed to loot.

[/quote']

And your completely missing the point

Im talking about buildings in Electro and Cherno i.e. Noob Area's, where there is nothing of any real value, if it was up north at the big airfield that makes sense because of the level of the finds.

Barbing an area for a bandage or a tin of beans ??? really!

I agree about wire cutters as what noob is going to find a toolbox ??

either that or ban wire to anywhere except the coast, the more frustrated noobs there are the less people will play.

LOL i had this today. but it CAN be removed if you have a tool box.

Its annoying when people block the door with it seeing as how zombies can just walk thu it like butter D:

Should remove barbed wire seeing as sandbags are better cos you can v over it and it actually stops zombies