zeeb

Ability to Suicide. (Variation is the key)

INTRODUCTION
Some of you might have witnessed first hand or atleast seen the DayZ Mod hack which made the players on the servers commit suicide by shooting themselves in the head, this got me thinking.
With the standalone released and all, this would actually be a pretty nice feature to have since some alternatives of suicide would ruin gear in the process and remove some satisfaction for random bandits, which to me makes sense and may be a way to actually turn down the random bandit number, but this is simply speculation, lets get on with the list.

? = Not sure if possible.
! = If implemented.

Melee

Knife: Slit your left wrist, suffer extreme blood loss / alternative stab it in your heart (ruins chest clothing / armor), die within seconds / die instantly.
Axe(?): Simply smash it into your skull (ruins head clothing), die instantly.
Katana(!): Sepuku (ruins chest clothing / armor), die within seconds.

Firearms

Pistol: Atleast one bullet chamberd, put it against your head and pull the trigger (ruins head clothing), die instantly.
Shotgun: Atleast one shell chambered, put it against the bottom of your head (ruins head clothing / armor) / alternative against your heart (ruins chest clothing / armor), die instantly.
Rifle: Atleast one bullet chambered, put it against the bottom of your head (ruins head clothing / armor, die instantly.

Supplies

"All pills": Overdose, your coniousness slowly fades, die within minutes.

Syringe(?): Use it when it is only filled with air, wait until the air travels to your heart, die within seconds.
Rope: Tighten it around your neck, fall unconcious, die within seconds.
Pen: Stab it in your heart (ruins chest clothing), die instantly.

Community Suggestions

@Varick: Gasoline(!) + Matches: Burn yourself up (ruins all gear), die within seconds.

More to come..

What do you think?

Kind regards,
Demnish.

Edited by Demnish
  • Like 1

the timeframe you have for most of these 'suggestions' is ridiculous.. minutes for cut wrist, overdose, pen, etc. etc.

its just another way for noobs to exploit spawn switching.

no

Just walk down the main street of Elecktro prob solved should be dead real quick

Plus i thought this game was about SURVIVAL not Death

Edited by Conkykillz

Oh that's a good list!

Suicide is a great feature for a zombie apoc game.

I was going to say there should be something for a double suicide, but really all you need to do is one of the things on a list to someone else and then to yourself.

Supplies

Gasoline and matches.

Would also be helpful for burning bodies with diseases, burning zombies, or in general.

I think in general a lot of the things would take time, but it doesn't need to actually be realtime.  Commit suicide, game fades...

Edited by Varick
  • Like 1

the timeframe you have for most of these 'suggestions' is ridiculous.. minutes for cut wrist, overdose, pen, etc. etc.

no

I stated for example that slitting your wrists takes seconds not minutes but maybe your blind which is your problem, the timeframes on each item I suggested is realistic, but maybe you just lack knowledge in that case I suggest you go to google and find out.

Suicide is simply Roleplay and a way to ruin some gear if sourrounded by a squad and remove the satisfaction for bandits (for example blowing your heart to pieces with a shotgun would ruin body worn gear),

it is not a way to exploit spawn switching since you actually need items, it is simply a feature that should ABSOLUTELY be implemented since it is both realistic and possible,

maybe you should get a pair of glasses my friend before posting irrelevant assumptions.

Just walk down the main street of Elecktro prob solved should be dead real quick

Plus i thought this game was about SURVIVAL not Death

One thing does not disclude another, it is a feature which should be possible, some want to roleplay, not just get gear and then bandit the shit out of any survivor they see, by the way, it is far more realistic to commit suicide with an item than run into Elektro to get eaten by a bunch of cannibalistic infected retards, which Im sure as hell hurts alot more than the ones Ive mentioned above.

I think you should go take a nice walk and get some air...

..but yeah there should be an option to "call it a day"

Thank you for your constructive critism, troll.

no

The game needs a buddy system. I never actually start playing until my friend and I find eachother. We just talk over skype and meet up. If we're too far we kill ourselves, you mad?

Am I breaking your immersion?

Because its TOTALLY impossible I was with my friend when the infection broke out? Buddy system is entirely plausible.

Edited by Frell

suicide in preview

cant do in game 

i donno what's difference between killed by zombies and suicide  if u want spawn switching

so y not design the spawn system more convenience if someone doesnt wanna walk for hrs through half the map just wanna meet his friend 

Oh that's a good list!

Suicide is a great feature for a zombie apoc game.

I was going to say there should be something for a double suicide, but really all you need to do is one of the things on a list to someone else and then to yourself.

Supplies

Gasoline and matches.

Would also be helpful for burning bodies with diseases, burning zombies, or in general.

I think in general a lot of the things would take time, but it doesn't need to actually be realtime.  Commit suicide, game fades...

I like the idea of gasoline and matches, maybe burn yourself up? Ruin all gear in the process? If you dont mind Im quoting you in the list.

Edited by Demnish

suicide in preview

cant do in game 

i donno what's difference between killed by zombies and suicide  if u want spawn switching

so y not design the spawn system more convenience if someone doesnt wanna walk for hrs through half the map just wanna meet his friend 

The difference is the roleplay element. Mostly, and because it is way more fun to die from a cool animation than by zombies thats just hitting you.

You can already commit suicide.

With rubbing alcohol.

Yeah but that is just one way, which is far to few in terms of realism and possibilites.

Yeah but that is just one way, which is far to few in terms of realism and possibilites.

The original suggestions in your OP would likely cause controversy and will probably create a shitstorm for the devs.

Edited by GOD™

if you genuinely believe that cutting your wrist kills you within seconds i suggest you use google, my sight is fine - you, however, seem a little naïve.

and Frell - my immersion died after about two months of the mod, dry your eyes mate.

The original suggestions in your OP would cause controversy and will probably create a shitstorm for the devs.

That is mere speculation, if they're able to fully customize the game as they say they are, this is an really easy task, all it takes is animations for it which isnt that hard to do, trust me.

if you genuinely believe that cutting your wrist kills you within seconds i suggest you use google, my sight is fine - you, however, seem a little naïve.

and Frell - my immersion died after about two months of the mod, dry your eyes mate.

Within seconds means it is under 59 seconds, if you wanna argue you can argue with this -> .,|,

Now go cry somewhere where you cant be seen.

Edited by Demnish

fact is there's no penalty for spwan switching death

so if someone wanna meet his friends or get gears back in a real fast way 

just suicide whatever way he takes to switch spawn point till satisfied 

it takes longer than 59 seconds to bleed out you imbecile... you should dry your eyes too.

fact is there's no penalty for spwan switching death

so if someone wanna meet his friends or get gears back in a real fast way 

just suicide whatever way he takes to switch spawn point till satisfied 

You cant simply spawn switch since you either need to climb a tall building or find a zombie, zombies takes forever and if your at the bottom of the map you have to run for 10 minutes until you find the first factory to climb.

Suicide is a roleplaying way to do it, more realistic than running in front of hungry zombies, and a more interesting way to end your life.

it takes longer than 59 seconds to bleed out you imbecile... you should dry your eyes too.

I thought I told you to go cry somewhere where you could not be seen, now scoot.

aww sorry sweetheart, did i hurt your vagina?

Edited by Max Planck
Noot necessary