Sign in to follow this  
Pastachip

Newb Questions

I'm completely new to DayZ, since I waited for standalone rather than play the mod, and have no idea what I'm doing.

First off, how do you run away from zombies (besides the obvious)? I was being chased by zombies so I ran down the road but they just kept chasing me for like 10 minutes. Do you have to run in zig-zags or something?

And how does the zombie detection work anyway? In the above question, I tried to crouch walk into a house in the daytime and ended up attracting one zombie from outside the yard of the house, and then I couldn't figure out how to raise my fists so I ran away (and ended up with a train of zombies behind me as I sprinted frantically down the road). But then, in my next life, I spawned at night and accidentally flashed a zombie in the face with my flashlight just walking around but it didn't attack me. I know its alpha, but I was just wondering if that was normal and if I could get some tips on avoiding their notice in the future.

Also, if you're trying to meet up with a friend, what's the best way to do it? I have the map link, but I'm not very good at reading maps and I don't know where I spawn. Are there any general "rules" for finding people?

Thanks!

To lose the zombies try and run through bushes and up hills that will most likely get them off you and I think the detection system for the zombies is bugged.

Now to meet up with a friend this could be very difficult if you don't know the map. So you just learn as you play and hope for the best.

To lose the zombies try and run through bushes and up hills that will most likely get them off you and I think the detection system for the zombies is bugged.

Now to meet up with a friend this could be very difficult if you don't know the map. So you just learn as you play and hope for the best.

Thanks!

Also, if you're trying to meet up with a friend, what's the best way to do it? I have the map link, but I'm not very good at reading maps and I don't know where I spawn. Are there any general "rules" for finding people?

Thanks!

The best way to find a friend is to find each of you locations to get your bearings and then make a plan from there. I'd recommend every time you come across a town, look on the outskirts on a main road for a white sign telling you the name (It will be in Russian). Then use the map Here to find the town, and see how far you and your friend are from each other. Hope this helps  :thumbsup: