Sign in to follow this  
FraGGer224

Chances

Hi everybody, I was thinking about the game and saw in the change log you can open cans with different things. And thought chance should be a bigger part in the game.

So I thought if you open a can of sardines with an object there should be a chance to injure yourself. Like a 1/10 if you open it with a knife and you'll need to bandage yourself.

You should also have a small chance to loose content of the food. and increase the ammount of items you can open cans with.

Example

You can open a can of sardines or w.e. with an axe. the chance of injuring yourself is low because you wouldn't be holding it, but putting it on the floor and chopping it in half, but there should be a high chance you'll only have 25 or 50% left in it. 

you can open a can of sardines with a screw driver but theres a medium chance of loosing content and medium chance to injuring yourself.

with a knife there is a high chance of injuring yourself but low chance of loosing food.

You get the drift.

Also I was climbing down a ladder just now and fell 2.5m onto the floor at full health because my character stood up, did a little sprint, landed and did the ladder animation and i then died.

at 2.5m you shouldn't die. Ever. ( I was full health) But there should be a small chance to land wrong and break your leg or simalar.

There are some randome outcomes of actions already in the game like an infection rate, but it would be very frustrating if the game will evolve into a RNG party. Immersion is a fine thing, but this is still the game and your suggestion is just too much.

Imagine this: Now if a player gets randomly infected by getting hit by a zombie, he knows he made a mistake (getting hit by a zombie) and is more or less okay with it. On the other hand if you just want to eat something and try to open it with a knife (which is not really difficult at all) and he gets hurt, he hasn't done anything wrong but feels punished anyways. You could argue "well you didn't have a can opener" but this is what i mentioned above: this is too much and not worth the immersion.

Regarding your ladder incident............ welcome to the great ArmA engine :D

Edited by Lycake

Fail, turns out the loosing food and stuff is already in game lol

What do you mean "fail"? I was just stating my opinion. And loosing food and injuring yourself are different sides of a coin, isn't it?