Sign in to follow this  
DjungelJarl

Force feeding an unconscious player (?)

Hey!

Currently enjoying the standalone alot! However, me and my pal have run into a really weird little issue.

So my friend had no water or soda and he became really really thirsty. After a while messages like "I am getting really thirsty" started appearing.

When his screen had gone black and white he finally fell unconscious (due to dehydration, right?). So maybe 5 minutes later I found him STANDING in the middle of a dirt road,

he still was stuck at the black screen saying "You are unconscious" but he could look up and down, I saw his body move that way. So I had loads of food and water and I started

force feeding him. I fed him like 4 or 5 sodas and a can of tuna. This ought to do the trick right? Well, after a good 30 minutes my friend is still unconscious.

I now wonder if this is a known bug or if it just takes a good while before his character starts responding to the water and food he's been force fed. Oh and, he tried relogging several times,

still the same issue.

I'd be delighted if someone here could shed some light on this issue.

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Well his hunger-status-icon was only yellow when he fell unconscious so I thought one whole can of tuna should be more than enough. It was the thirst that made him go unconscious. Should I perhaps try feeding him more food? Can it harm him if I feed him too much?

Edited by DjungelJarl

Maybe you should of tried giving him water instead of soda, not saying it will work but it is worth a shot.

I'm not too sure, but you may need a saline bag + IV starter kit to wake him up (most people seem to revive unconscious players in this manner). You may also need to blood bag from too much blood loss. I would try to find a saline bag + first aid kit if I were you though.

Some foods replen thirst most don't i would advise you give him water/soda cans and see if that works, This stand up unconscious bug has happend to both my squad mates and they get stuck in it, Funnily enough i shot one of them in the head while they were standing with an M4 and he logged off, came back on an hour later and his char was movable again, Even though he took a bullet directly to the head XD

I'm not too sure, but you may need a saline bag + IV starter kit to wake him up (most people seem to revive unconscious players in this manner). You may also need to blood bag from too much blood loss. I would try to find a saline bag + first aid kit if I were you though.

Hmm... I don't have the saline bag (threw it away a few hours ago >.<) but I do have a blood bag and an IV kit. Would this suffice as well?

Some foods replen thirst most don't i would advise you give him water/soda cans and see if that works, This stand up unconscious bug has happend to both my squad mates and they get stuck in it, Funnily enough i shot one of them in the head while they were standing with an M4 and he logged off, came back on an hour later and his char was movable again, Even though he took a bullet directly to the head XD

Hah really?? Did he log of right at the moment he got shot or a few moements later? This would then be our last resort :)