Sign in to follow this  
Armonikills

Knocked unconscious after two punches

I was wondering if this is an issue or just normal behavior.

I was walking around the air field last night, got punched twice by another player, and was knocked unconscious. I was full on food/water and wasn't sick. I was even afk for 5 minutes prior (in case stamina is an issue?). But still, he ran up behind me, clocked me twice, and I was under. I assumed it was a weapon, but him and his buddy quickly screamed over the mic that I got knocked the Fugg out, lol. 

Any help or understanding on this would be much appreciated and I love the game so far!! :D

Any attack on you has a chance of knocking you out unfortunately the knockout period can vary usually in the 1 hour ballpark (you have to be logged in for the timer to continue)

I think a couple of headshots with fists will probably KO you. Not 100% sure on that, as I haven't tested it, but I know for a fact that a headshot with a blunt weapon (that takes 10+ hits to the body to bring down a zombie) will one-hit kill a player, so a couple of punches to the noggin would probably be about right to knock you out.

i also think it matters from what direction you get hit from.

Also inspired by SS13 , i hate it when youre a syndie get guns , c4 and all that good stuff and then get disarmed by the clown and drop to the ground he takes the gun you just dropped and shoots you with it.

I thought that hitting another player with a wrench 20 times mean't punches would take longer, lol. :P

But, I would love to test the theories on headshots, random knockouts, or if the positions play a role in punching. Also, I wonder if playing a woman made it easier too (a theory).  

If true, that's pretty ideal. Two full-power punches form a grown man in the face is generally going to render the average bloke a bit sleepy.

I thought that hitting another player with a wrench 20 times mean't punches would take longer, lol. :P

But, I would love to test the theories on headshots, random knockouts, or if the positions play a role in punching. Also, I wonder if playing a woman made it easier too (a theory).  

Yeah, I'll test that the next time I bump into Kichilron in-game. I use him as my own personal crash-test dummy. It's thanks to his paper-thin skull that I know how effective a surprise running wrench shot can be to players. :p

• Like 1

Any attack on you has a chance of knocking you out unfortunately the knockout period can vary usually in the 1 hour ballpark (you have to be logged in for the timer to continue)

Yeah. Fuck full-stops.

I've been knocked out twice by one punch, not even exagerating.

That sounds like something that will happen to me, lol

I was sad when it happened.. cause I had found my first gun and ammo to fill it. I have a feeling my Dayz life will be a hard one full of strife and sorrows, but I love it!! ;P

Headshot!

These will knock you out. 

Wrenches can do it too but remember melee items don't hit your cursor, they hit where they interset the player model and follow a swing path even if they don't stop when they connect yet. So you might be swinging for head and hitting shoulder on the way up. :)

i was going around KOing all sorts of people last night I'd take hits from axes, bats, and wrenches and still didnt hold up to my Iron paws. lol

The fists need to be re-evaluated for sure. I'm at the point where if im holding someone up I'll tell them to equip a bat before I approach them.

Edited by RoanValorin

If your shock meter is higher than your blood meter you get knocked out

Is there a way to determine your shock meter or some kind of effect to look for on screen??

thanks in advance!

http://www.twitch.tv/thec1aw/c/3442058

Saw this on C1aws stream the other day. 1 hit to the head, even if you have a helmet = instant KO. 

i just got knocked out with an axe and am currently seeing if my dude will ever wake up. 45+ minutes down and he's still taking a dirt nap.

Add these things to the bug list plz... I hope they get fixed soon.