Sign in to follow this  
RatedTForTom

One Survivor? (Urgent)

You don't need the battlefield squad setup -_- Id like to AT LEAST see a party system where you can't harm your group members and your group members alone until you a: stop playing or b: leave said group, instead of arrows above the group members heads have a colored name for as long as you're apart of that group and the colored name is only visible to group members.

Here's my take on what should be done, copied once again from my Steam forums post.

Add the ability to make multiple characters (at least two) but prevent any characters from joining the last server one of your own characters were on.

Example: You have two characters, CharA and CharB. CharA joins DayZ Server #1. CharB cannot join DayZ Server #1 until CharA has left that server and a certain amount of time (maybe an hour) has passed.

This keeps the 'one life survival' aspect of the game in place and should prevent any players from exploiting the system. If anyone can think of any loop-holes in this, please post them and we'll see if we can think of a way around those as well. I really want to see this system implemented.

Wow. Random spawn EVERY JOIN? No. please god no. What if my internet drops? I end up in X? Thats insane.  Negating my 1 hour running north to somewhere I want to go, and ending up in a totally random place crazy train for real. Why wouldn't I just relog all the time to get close to where I want to be?

Here's how you do it. Party spawn. 1 person goes to NWAF. 1 Person goes to cherno. I tele to NWAF, get gear. Tele to cherno. Rampage. Repeat. There are tons of ways to exploit any fast travel or location selected spawn on server join. Same with camp spawn. Rampage cherno, out of ammo? Sweet I'll just relog and be back at base. Rinse, repeat. What if I die? No worries. Party spawn with the group. Instantly geared. 

As much as it may inconvenience you, the very premise of this game is based on travelling long distances, often on foot. Orienting yourself and your party and figuring out how and where to meet is 100% "on theme" and an important early step for new players. 

Ghosting is and always has been an issue, but its far less exploitable and easier to prevent than allowing people to transport themselves by joining servers for any reason. If you are in a high risk area you should be constantly on guard anyways. 

I have nothing against multiple toons on seperate hives. But the game should not cater to your convenience, or make it easy for new players to group. These mechanics can and absolutely will be abused. 

I think where he was getting at the random spawns was "if" your in a party that whole party gets spawned at a" random" location "not to the group leaders position"(preferably out in the wilderness near a small town, not a big town/airport to prevent big loot exploiting) and if your "not" in a group you'll pick up where you last logged.

And you can't travel fast by hoping onto another character to port your whole team to that specific area cause it'll be at random everytime, on the plus side there is suppose to be a 15-30 sec timer after logging to prevent the combat logging so even if they try to port out of a firefight they will still be vulnerable even more cause they are on auto

Edited by Floyd93