This isn't a rant thread, this is why i usually KOS.

1. I'm scared shitless, you just came into the building and my only reaction was to beat your head in with a crowbar.

2. I'm paranoid, i trust my gear, and my compass, you who i just saw running with an M4? I don't trust you at all.

3. I want a can opener.

Thoughts? Post why you kill people usually.

I hope the make zombies more threat, so when someone shoots 100+ zombies charge to them...

I hate KoS and who do it has no clue how this game works....

I try not to KOS, i usually say a few things over direct like "Go away" or "Crouch and press f2 and i won't shoot you" but really, if they don't respond..

I hope the make zombies more threat, so when someone shoots 100+ zombies charge to them...

I wouldn't say that people who KoS don't know how the game works.  KoS is very important in DayZ.  

• Like 1

Please enlighten us as to how this game works.

• Like 1

I'm just trying to say i don't hunt people down for fun, but when i do see someone i usually kill them because it's either me or them right?

I don't need to explain anything...it's just not the way that the devs want. And i hope really they do something against kos peopel...

I hunted people down for fun on the mod.  However, in the SA, I don't KoS.  Now that we have character animations with a click of a key (F1, F2, etc.) it's a lot easier to communicate on the fly before being shot at.  On top of that, people just seemed nicer for the first few days so far.  Of the 6 people I ran into on the first day, 5 of the 6 were friendly.

Edited by twinturbonet
  • Like 1

I think one thing that is really good is that if you shoot a player, you may not get any gear because it is all ruined by bullets.

The problem is that many people think this is call of duty or something else... i mean, munition is rare and why the fuck should i waste a bullet on a guy who spawned fresh??

was looking through this thread. Haven't actually bought standalone yet but am planning to do as soon as I get my pay. Anyway, I usually only kill if I am attacked. Although sometimes i do just have to kill someone just for the rush of adrenaline. I once saw a guy who was putting some stuff on his car and I know this is a dick move but i shot him. I then heard the sound of a car So i went prone. Someone was driving past to check the body of the guy i just killed. While he was driving I Used the scroll wheel to get in his car. I actually talked in the vehicle chat but he seemed not to notice. When he got out to check the body i got in the drivers seat and drove away. Moments like these are why I kill people. Occasionally  l I won't kill someone, if they don't have anything i want/need I will let them live. I occasionally will shoot someone then bandage them up and put some of my gear in his pack. Just an easier way of trading. 

I also KoS on the mod because I like the feeling of sitting on a building in Cherno and waiting for someone to come in town to test my skills with the SVD or another type of sniper rifle.  I actually know how to use my scope to determine what range my target is at.

Depending on the target and time of kill, I actually don't even loot the body after the kill... unless needed (food/water).  

One shot, one kill.  Easier said than done in DayZ, especially with a moving target.

The problem is that many people think this is call of duty or something else... i mean, munition is rare and why the fuck should i waste a bullet on a guy who spawned fresh??

Skill, practice, the thrill.  

Idk, like I said, it's just something that makes me feel good.  lol.  I like knowing that I hit you at 600m out on one shot.  Not many people can do that.

I never hope that a real zombie apocalypse happens... haha

But yeah...i hope there will be more zombies soon, so if you shoot in town, ypu should have a bad time with 100 zombies haha

Edited by Scizoo

I never hope that a real zombie apocalypse happens... haha

Lol, I think my priorities would change a little bit... no worries my man!   :beans:

On a side note, I'm definitely nicer in the SA.  Although, that might be because I haven't found a sniper rifle yet.  Lol.  That's another thing, I only KoS if I have a sniper rifle.  I don't KoS because I have a M4 and want your crap.  I rather try to "rob" you, IF I see that you have something I want.

Edited by twinturbonet
  • Like 1

I wouldn't say that people who KoS don't know how the game works.  KoS is very important in DayZ.  

No... KILLING is important to DayZ. Killing On Sight, which means just that, isn't. :) Killing On Sight means, "Player! BAM!" and isn't yet but should be followed with, "Oh... maybe I should have thought about that." 

• Like 1

I don't need to explain anything...it's just not the way that the devs want. And i hope really they do something against kos peopel...

Please enlighten us as to how you know what the devs want.

i KOS armed ppl... why?

- to save myself, to save my mates! you cant trust anyone... no one want to surrender, they running away or shooting... tryed a lot, and now everyone pays with his dead

and further more,... the most dangerous ppl are in startzone with an axe, they act like this, because they have nothing to lose!

While i am against KoS'ng and I would prefeer anything else, in the current state it's either you or them. Of course, why would I shoot a fresh spawn who has nothing but a battery? Since there's no combat quitting protection nor server hopping protection, you don't know if the person you're gonna try to disarm peacefully will just log out and run, or just turn around and shoot you, there for it is safer for you to just shoot on sight anyone who is armed, especially with melees and if they are close to you. I was up at NWAF and saw a guy entering an industrial building fully geared up. Shot him as he was entering, turns out he had antibiotics and had saved my life as I was sick.