AndrewConger

Grey dots on screen

Hey guys, so I just bought the game yesterday and dl'd the mod and so far everything is going great except for 2 things.

1st, I have a bunch of grey dots on my screen when I'm standing in the grass and I have no clue why they're there.

And 2nd, I heard that your supposed to spawn with a pistol but all I spawned with was a bandage and a flashlight. I could be wrong on this one, the pistol may have just been a random spawn.

Thanks in advance!

Spawning with a weapon was removed in a recent update.

If you are referring to the grey dots on the edge of your screen, that means there is a zombie, player, dead body, etc. in that direction. Those dots are supposed to represent some sort of peripheral vision system.

The bigger the dot, the closer they are to you and the more careful you need to be.

You haven't run into anything alive or you just didn't notice them. Also, it may have something to do with server difficulty.

Ah i see, i play on various different servers so, me and my buddy always go around, he gets them but i dont :s

Appreciate the reply on the gun question but I should of been more thorough in the dot question. When I join any server I see these dots, easily a thousand on the screen at a time, all very small but large enough to get annoying, and they only show up in the grass.