Sign in to follow this  
mannyfresh

ESP Hack - Undetectable

There's a hack around that doesn't get discussed too often. It's a hack that gives players the ability to see name tags of all players, vehicles, tents, and zombies by simply pointing in a certain direction. It's configurable by range.

i did some research and the authors are selling this product and claiming it to be undetectable.

I was just curious what (if anything) is being done to stop this game breaking hack from continuing to run rampant. Makes it even more dangerous to store items in your tents/vehicles.

Also, a way to combat this would be some sort of time delay on looting items from tents unless you have the password/key or something. Similar to how Eve has their Sov system working.

Any thoughts comments appreciated.

It's a shame that as long as there is online gaming there is no end of arseholes looking to exploit it and make themselves feel better as a result. My best guess is they were bullied at school.

Pathetic individuals who have no doubt, never had a girlfriend.

Ok, hacking is bad - but your suggestion wouldn't really work. In real life, I would be able to walk up to a tent in the forest and take what I please, I wouldn't need a passcode..

Ok' date=' hacking is bad - but your suggestion wouldn't really work. In real life, I would be able to walk up to a tent in the forest and take what I please, I wouldn't need a passcode..

[/quote']

You wouldn't be able to look in a direction and instantly know where a tent was that way in real life. I also doubt you'd be able to sprint indefinitely with a couple tires in your backpack in real life either.

Sacrificing realism to prevent hackers from cleaning out weeks/months of work in such a minor way (you will still be able to loot tents it would just take more time) I think would be acceptable.

Why would we not just fix the hack?

Your suggestion is like trying to cure a cold by wearing a giant clown nose.

Why would we not just fix the hack?

Your suggestion is like trying to cure a cold by wearing a giant clown nose.

Fixing the hack would be ideal, but I'm not sure if Battleeye is capable of discovering who is using it. From what I've read it's been around Arma 2 for quite some time.

remove all tags = fixed

when I look at something IRL I dont see floating green text, so why should I in a simulation

remove all tags = fixed

when I look at something IRL I dont see floating green text' date=' so why should I in a simulation

[/quote']

When I look at someone IRL, I can tell whether or not I recognize them, and if I recognize them I know their name.

Why can't I do that in Veteran servers with tags off? Every five minutes my squad is asking "Who's this in front of me?". Totally immersion breaking and unrealistic.

remove all tags = fixed

when I look at something IRL I dont see floating green text' date=' so why should I in a simulation

[/quote']

When I look at someone IRL, I can tell whether or not I recognize them, and if I recognize them I know their name.

Why can't I do that in Veteran servers with tags off? Every five minutes my squad is asking "Who's this in front of me?". Totally immersion breaking and unrealistic.

That'll happen if you all use the default face and wear the same clothing.

Ok' date=' hacking is bad - but your suggestion wouldn't really work. In real life, I would be able to walk up to a tent in the forest and take what I please, I wouldn't need a passcode..

[/quote']

yeah, well in real life you wouldn't also just disappear out of thin air for 12 hours and then magically appear next time you decided "play"

When I look at someone IRL' date=' I can tell whether or not I recognize them, and if I recognize them I know their name.

[/quote']

You should be able to make a group and have tags enabled FOR your group imo.

That'll happen if you all use the default face and wear the same clothing.

The issue is even if each of you chooses skins #1-10 to differentiate, the chance of a stranger using one of those skins is equally likely.

How fanboys can defend this idiocy is beyond me. You have to doublecheck in ventrilo before shooting some one b/c everyone has 1000 clones that *aren't* in your group.

This type of hack would explain everything suspicious that has happening to me by a bandit who plays on Norway 2 server. Too many odd things happening to just be a coincedence.

i said the same thing and got hella flamed for it, but whatever. This hack definately exists, ive seen it being used, for testing purposes. I belive however, that this was fixed, and bans were sent out, and might be why that kid ddos'ed the hive. He was a little bitter.