Sign in to follow this  
Sharashka

Still can't see direct communications

Been playing the mod since it came out, never been able to use direct chat. 
I was hoping it would be fixed with the standalone coming out but apparently this issue remains. 
I know there's only a small portion of players experiencing it, still i'd hoped i could for once start talking to people instead of ending up having to shoot them in self defense (Most don't take my creepy stare too kindly). 
Anyone else experiencing this ?

1. Plug mic in.

2. Load DayZ Mod.

3. Hold Caps.

4. Speak my friend.

5. Fuck bitches (Sorry to those who read this and finds it offensive)

Edited by narkoman14

I had this problem on the DayZ mod, I couldn't see other peoples direct chat for some reason, but I could see vehicle+side chat. The problem was very simple. When I played the mod I had a laptop with inbuilt mic, and it sounded terrible. So I decided to go into sounds>recording devices and disabled the microphone. After that I couldn't even see direct chat my friends wrote. I enabled it again after and woo, I could see the chat.

I don't know if this is the problem you're having, if not, I have no idea  :|

Well if ppl are talkin or typin I can't see any of it. i have direct chat only, I've tried switching chat channells but only Direct is visable. i know thats not normal for ArmA2-3 i thought maybe it was a gameplay issue or somthing. But regardless makes life much harder tryin to negotiate un-friendly territory.