Sign in to follow this  
Kitrix

Unknown Blood Type?

I was just curious if not knowing your blood type unless you find a test kit is going to be a permanent feature to the game or if there was possibility to having it known on spawn. I understand the reasoning behind not knowing your blood type as there are a good amount of people that do not know their blood type; however, many countries, such as the one I was born in, give information like that at birth on a document or card. You also get it known from donating blood, hospital visits, doing a self test, etc. Is there a possibility that some characters will have their blood type unknown on spawn and others could have it known? This could throw in team play for compatible fresh spawns to group or to trick bandits into killing themselves if they don't have a test kit by giving them false information on your blood type.

Edited by Kitrix

They could make something like person database in abandoned hospitals and assign new spawn some random name. So you can find your medical record in a hospital and discover your blood type. 

That's a pretty good point, I know my blood type from giving blood in the past.

well the country i am living in is not exactly what you would call 3rd world, but before starting to donate i didnt know my bloodtype either.

apart from that that, being uncertain about your blood adds to the expirience. you cannot simple drain blood from a random captive without risking your life. i like that feature a lot.

Edited by mofakid

I live in the UK, I'm 29 years old and I don't know my blood type. It's simply never been something that's come up (no matter how many times I tell myself I must get round to giving blood).

well the country i am living in is not exactly what you would call 3rd world, but before starting to donate i didnt know my bloodtype either.

apart from that that, being uncertain about your blood adds to the expirience. you cannot simple drain blood from a random captive without risking your life. i like that feature a lot.

That's why I added the comment about allowing others to falsify your blood type to blood bandits. It would still require them to have a test kit unless they want to gamble; however, if they are one of the lucky individuals to spawn with knowledge of their blood type, they would only require one test kit. The same applies to just friends wanting to blood each other. I feel like finding multiple test kits is a bit of a long task with the way loot spawning is at the moment. I've only found one test kit with about 14 hours of play time according to steam. I may just be unlucky, but I don't know.

I live in the UK, I'm 29 years old and I don't know my blood type. It's simply never been something that's come up (no matter how many times I tell myself I must get round to giving blood).

Yeah, I've noticed not everyone knows their blood, hence I suggested having a percentage of spawns having unknown blood types and others having the knowledge. I'm sure there are some real life statistics that showcase what percent of people know their blood type. An issue that may arise with this suggestion is that people may try to kill themselves until they receive a spawn with their blood type knowledge.