95 members have voted

1. 1. Are you enjoying the Alpha?

• Yes It's what i expected
    • Eh its okay
    • No

DAYZ STANDALONE IDEAS

Submitted by: ProfessorShanks
  • Indicator Screen: http://i.imgur.com/iWDzwUl.png
  • ​Water testing kit: Being able to test pond water and indicate if its safe to drink/Risk of getting you sick

Submitted by: Victus Mortuus

Submitted by: Phatbastard
  • You have the option to break down the gun into parts instead of having one large weapon that you cannot fit into your backpack.

​Submitted by: SalamanderAnder

• Out of game server browser client, And the history list to be sort-able by *Last Joined* (I'm guessing something like DayZ Commander)

Submitted by: Cl0sed

• Add rivers to the game, so boats can go through the map
  • Add folders in cabinets where you can have a chance to find your players blood type (May be difficult to do, having to update with every player join and disconnect).

Submitted by: R.Neville 

• ​Fix the Rise/Set direction of the sun for US players

Submitted by: Snyper201

• Add a few more text indicators for everything, For example

- I could go for something to eat right now
- i should probably eat soon
- I'm hungry
- I'm getting really hungry
- I'm gonna starve to death soon
- I'm going to pass out if i don't eat soon

Submitted by: Bonehead3535

• Add random zombie hordes walking around that you'll have to hide from (Kind of like State of Decay)

Submitted by: argun

• Wild dangerous animals in non-zombie areas that can be killed and gutted. Using its meat, fur, and pelts for survival.

Submitted by: Skvid

New Survivor loadout:
  • 1x Flashlight
  • 1x Battery
  • 1x Soda (NEW)
  • 1x Tuna (NEW) 

SUBMIT ANY IDEAS YOU HAVE FOR THE GAME, USING TEXT/PICTURES OR ANY FORM OF MEDIA. 
Edited by ProfessorShanks
  • Like 1

No. It's meant to be hardcore. And you already get a flashlight AND wrong forum. Go to suggestion forum

And if people want to post ideas, they'll post their ideas in their own thread, in the Suggestions Forum

Edited by King of kong

No. It's meant to be hardcore. And you already get a flashlight AND wrong forum. Go to suggestion forum

And if people want to post ideas, they'll post their ideas in their own thread, in the Suggestions Forum

• Starting with an item of food and something to drink doesn't make it any easier. You can die just as fast if you don't play your cards right. So relax. 
  • Adding indicators would be more like real life, because in real life you can indicate your hunger level, thirst, and blood. instead of just seeing some vague text 
  • There is no DayZ Standalone suggestions sub-forum. Only DayZ Mod. 
  • And instead of spamming it with separate ones, it will be easier to organize in one big list everyone can see
Edited by ProfessorShanks

• Starting with an item of food and something to drink doesn't make it any easier. You can die just as fast if you don't play your cards right. So relax. 
  • Adding indicators would be more like real life, because in real life you can indicate your hunger level, thirst, and blood. instead of just seeing some vague text 

Since when do you roll around town with tuna and soda in your pockets?  is this a daily thing? (I'm no advocate for the flashlight either)

And you have a hunger indicator? like percentage? bar graph? pie chart?  Yes I know when I'm hungry, no I'll never have a precise indicator as when I will die from starvation.  The current system is almost as close as you can get, vague at best, with a general indication of what you should do next.

I like the indicators, but the night is just too colorful. They need to find a nice mix between black/grey and color. When you think about it, nights shouldn't be as dark as it is if they are going for realism. Out in the rural parts of any country, it can be pretty easy to see at night due to the stars and moon. They could make the stars and moon give off a brighter light or maybe have a system where over the time that you are logged on, your character's eyes adjust to the darkness.

Since when do you roll around town with tuna and soda in your pockets?  is this a daily thing? (I'm no advocate for the flashlight either)

And you have a hunger indicator? like percentage? bar graph? pie chart?  Yes I know when I'm hungry, no I'll never have a precise indicator as when I will die from starvation.  The current system is almost as close as you can get, vague at best, with a general indication of what you should do next.

So if a zed apocalypse happened everyone would just run out of thier houses and not grab anything and say: YOLO!.

• Like 1

So if a zed apocalypse happened everyone would just run out of thier houses and not grab anything and say: YOLO!.

Clearly the dev's aren't intending for you to have a 'grab all your stuff and head out' kind of start, otherwise you'd have more then a flashlight likely.  It appears more to be a, oh snap, stuff got crazy, deal with it mentality.  which typically you cannot prepare for.

As it stands currently in the SA, you cannot put a primary into your rucksack. I would like to suggest that when you find a second primary (and at a much later date into the alpha) you have the option to "break down" the gun making multiple 2x3 or 2x4 blocks (body and the barrel for example) instead of a single long weapon block, thus allowing you to carry a second primary.

Edited by PhatBastard

I like the idea of a visible night time like the linked picture above.

- Moonlight and street lights/lamps would be great. Maybe some cars on fire in the streets. Or fire-lit barrels around warehouses.

- Would be great to have a UI that displays a number that correlates the amount of hunger/thirst satisfied to the food/drink. I'm thinking percentages are the way to go.

- Should have the ability to eat or drink straight out of the bag like DayZ mod. (Not having to put in hand and then press 'F' to Eat)

- Flashlight/battery mechanism a little overboard with detail. Either the battery or the flashlight can be ruined. We will be lucky to find a battery or new flashlight before food or drinks. And when its pitch black outside at night it is impossible to scavenge for a new battery let alone food or drinks. (I understand its alpha, loot spawn rates are not tuned yet)

- Don't forget the ears, eyes and blood icons! (Or whatever UI you had in store to display character noise/stealth/health)

- Not quite sure how to use a weapon flashlight. Couldn't attach it to my pistol or M4. Could be that I'm retarded.

Keep up the good work guys, I like it so far.

I concur with whoever said the night picture above was too colorful. It would be nice to have a visible night time and still keep the dull, bland image of night.

Edited by Oliver Twist

Being able to change the order of clothing in the inventory. So my bag full of food isn't hidden at the way bottom beneath 4 other layers of storage.

Duct taping a flashlight to your gun could be kinda nifty as well.

Edited by Pandema

I like the idea of a visible night time like the linked picture above.

- Moonlight and street lights/lamps would be great. Maybe some cars on fire in the streets. Or fire-lit barrels around warehouses.

- Would be great to have a UI that displays a number that correlates the amount of hunger/thirst satisfied to the food/drink. I'm thinking percentages are the way to go.

- Should have the ability to eat or drink straight out of the bag like DayZ mod. (Not having to put in hand and then press 'F' to Eat)

- Flashlight/battery mechanism a little overboard with detail. Either the battery or the flashlight can be ruined. We will be lucky to find a battery or new flashlight before food or drinks. And when its pitch black outside at night it is impossible to scavenge for a new battery let alone food or drinks. (I understand its alpha, loot spawn rates are not tuned yet)

- Don't forget the ears, eyes and blood icons! (Or whatever UI you had in store to display character noise/stealth/health)

- Not quite sure how to use a weapon flashlight. Couldn't attach it to my pistol or M4. Could be that I'm retarded.

Not to pick on you or be aggressive in any fashion, but how bout this...

Streelights.. who's running the power plant?  you'd open up too many wants if you started to include electricity.

Fire.. eternal flames?

I think what you're mainly getting at, is that you have a day job, and can only play at night, which gets frustrating.  I agree, but I don't think changing anything aside from the timing of the cycles would be the best solution. just my opinion.

eating, right click and hit eat in the inventory, fast. easy.

as for the UI, I completely disagree.. as humans, there is no such technology that can tell me a percentage of how much food, water, or general level of health i have.  the game does a fairly equivalent method of explaining the realitivly simple thoughts our brains have when it comes to these situations.  Hungry? yes, not 10% of total nutrition available.

will it ever be 100% real? no, its a game.. however, inventing things to make the game 'easier' isn't going to make the game better.

edit for some spelling.. most is still horrible

Edited by Noctiluxx

It seems like someone made a poll like this a few days ago. Oh wait, it was me.

There's a suggestions forum only for the mod not SA...

If the world went to shit, would you leave your house and take nothing with you? No, you probably would bring something.

However I'm happy with only spawning with a flashlight, but I don't think food and drink ruins anything. Spawning with weapons on the other hand is gonna ruin a lot.

If the world went to shit, would you leave your house and take nothing with you? No, you probably would bring something.

However I'm happy with only spawning with a flashlight, but I don't think food and drink ruins anything. Spawning with weapons on the other hand is gonna ruin a lot.

Clearly the dev's aren't intending for you to have a 'grab all your stuff and head out' kind of start, otherwise you'd have more then a flashlight likely.  It appears more to be a, oh snap, stuff got crazy, deal with it mentality.  which typically you cannot prepare for.

I mentioned above.. I agree, but I don't believe the 'start' is meant to be a time you were prepared for, hence the lack of canned goods in my pants.

You spawn in the beach mate, not in your house. Flashlight is only there just because of people not being able to see absolutely anything (and who dont abuse settings/gamma) is simply unfair/bad game experience.

Edited by Vembumees

1. Add rivers. This will make boats more useful and gameplay more fun.

2. Personal cards storage in hospitals, where you can find out your blood type by name.

I think it would be cool to have a playing card pack you can find, and have it track achievements like:

1. Been alive 12 hours

2. Been alive 24 hours

3. Gave blood.

4. First player kill.

5. Customized your weapon.

6. First Zombie Kill

7. 10 player kills

8. Gave medical aid to another player 10 times.

9. Repaired a vehicle

10. Traveled 10 kms

Etc.

And you can have the suits categorize the deeds by how good and evil the achievements are. Hearts = good Spades = evil for example.

So maybe you'd start off with an empty card box, and lets say you kill your first zombie ON THAT CHARACTER. A Jack of Clubs would appear in your card box with "My first zombie kill" scratched on it in marker. Or you heal your 10th survivor and you get the King of Hearts with the names of the people you've helped written down.

As you play you slowly build up this deck, and you can track your progress and your humanity by the cards you are getting. 

Eventually you will die and your body will be left there. If you were killed by a player he could go through your card box to see what you have accomplished with that character as a bit of a trophy and memorial depending on the situation. Like, if you killed the most notorious bandit on the server, you could loot his King of spades for 10 player kills with his name on it as a trophy, or maybe you come across a noble hero who died trying to help a survivor but got overrun by zombies. You loot his king of hearts for giving aid to 10 survivors to carry on his memory and use it as a reminder that people are always evil.

I think it would be awesome for the DayZ stories we always hear, and a cool way to keep track of what you have done and what memories you have created.

I think it would be cool to have a playing card pack you can find, and have it track achievements like:

Bad idea. If you want to leave your killer a message or keep track of something you got pen and paper. Dayz is simulator, so nothing should appear out of air.

Bad idea. If you want to leave your killer a message or keep track of something you got pen and paper. Dayz is simulator, so nothing should appear out of air.

It doesn't have to appear out of the air. You could find the cards and then it could start tracking, or you could start off with the cards and they could be grayed out UNTIL you get the respective achievement or whatever.

if the nighttime would be like the one in your screen i would love it more to play at night srsly :D