Sign in to follow this  
pope ramone

can't seem to get microphone to work

Hey everyone, I was wondering if someone could tell me how to set up the mic settings properly. I can't seem to communicate with anyone.

Steam has detected my mic and it is set up as use push to talk. But within Day Z I can't seem to show the mic in the game settings and when I push Caps Lock near a player no-one seems to respond. 

Have you tried these solutions?

• Adjusting permission privileges? (Found in your Steam folder on My Computer and right clicking the DayZ application)
  • Running the game on Administrator?
  • Adjusting your microphone through your sound settings (Recording settings in particular)

Thanks for the reply, yes tried those. Should the mic show in Day Z itself or is there a broadcasting indicator? When I press caps I get a unfilled microphone icon, thats it.

Well if you by chance ran into a person named Madshinegun out there, he'll be trolling you :P He'll pretend like he can't hear you and try to explain to you how to type :) He'll then follow you arround trying to communicate with you with emotes :)

So if that's the case, do not worry.. There is nothing wrong on your end :)

lol Nah its happened more than once, Is there a indicator when you broadcast like in some other games?

hmm maybe people were just ignoring me

Maybe, but you'd be surprised at how many people STILL don't have a mic.