nilloc93

blood type is pretty stupid

The addition of blood type makes it next to impossible to restore blood to your friends since the odds that you will have compatible blood types are slim to none.

I'm a bandit, I play with 1-4 friends, we tried being friendly but were burned too many times by bandits. I'm not going to argue the realism of blood type, but since realism is not the biggest thing here, given how bullet mechanics are right now, or the implication that i can only tell how thirsty i am when i'm thirsty, or that the average human can only go 1 hour in game time without food.

This blood type thing simply makes it more difficult for small groups of players to survive. Most of the people I know of have a small group or just 1 other person they play with, its a hell of a task for me to get 5 people working together and if you get fucked and don't have an O bloody type you might as well just respawn until you get it.

I suppose this was an attempt to curb KOS in order to force us to work with randoms, but all its done is added an incovenient game mechanic wherin we shoot a guy in the leg, wait and make sure he has no friends, run up, grab blood, and hope to god its the right kind for us because i'm not sure if testing type works. we run on a system wherein if our friend survives the transfusion we only kill the guy with a bullet but if he dies we just leave him to die in the wilderness with broken legs and no gear.

It makes it more difficult for EVERYONE to survive.

All it means is people can't abuse mechanics and just blood bag each other constantly if they don't have a compatible blood type, you'll suffer just like those playing alone.

• Like 8

Blood typing is one of the greatest ideas they've had. I love it that pure FPS players have to actually make hard decisions to survive.

• Like 8

In my opinion, anything that makes the game more difficult to survive is an excellent feature. Especially if bandits are dying because of it. :)

• Like 6

This should help, cherish this blood chart. 

6RdNGfn.jpg?1

Edited by Sobieski12
  • Like 8

The addition of blood type makes it next to impossible to restore blood to your friends since the odds that you will have compatible blood types are slim to none.

I'm a bandit, I play with 1-4 friends, we tried being friendly but were burned too many times by bandits. I'm not going to argue the realism of blood type, but since realism is not the biggest thing here, given how bullet mechanics are right now, or the implication that i can only tell how thirsty i am when i'm thirsty, or that the average human can only go 1 hour in game time without food.

This blood type thing simply makes it more difficult for small groups of players to survive. Most of the people I know of have a small group or just 1 other person they play with, its a hell of a task for me to get 5 people working together and if you get fucked and don't have an O bloody type you might as well just respawn until you get it.

I suppose this was an attempt to curb KOS in order to force us to work with randoms, but all its done is added an incovenient game mechanic wherin we shoot a guy in the leg, wait and make sure he has no friends, run up, grab blood, and hope to god its the right kind for us because i'm not sure if testing type works. we run on a system wherein if our friend survives the transfusion we only kill the guy with a bullet but if he dies we just leave him to die in the wilderness with broken legs and no gear.

So basically 'it made my personal choice of playstyle harder than it used to be, so it's stupid'? Is that the point you're getting at?

You said it yourself - part of the reason it's in there is to force the KoS players to think about what they're doing rather than just charging in and wasting everyone they see. There's handcuffs in-game - you can always kidnap someone at gunpoint, cuff 'em and lead them somewhere quiet to drain their precious blood. After that, it's up to you what you do with them.

You stone cold killer you.  Sounds like your group of dickheads deserves to bleed out.    

• Like 1

I already heard story of people taking people hostage just to take his blood, because they don't have the same blood type. I think this is great

30367699.jpg

• Like 5

The game encourages players to capture players, instead of just killing.

* This is a very good feature.

You want it taken out because it makes the game hard? No.

find someone with the same blood type and hold them at gunpoint and take it.

• Like 1

At some point the complexity and stress of having to worry about 500 different variables to keep stable and survive becomes .... well...unfun. There needs to be a happy medium found in which the noobs like me who jump in and play have some sort of chance without rage quiting as well as satisfying the more experienced vets who have been playing for years. To me it is obvious that many aspects of this game need to be made slightly more forgiving or taken out completely ie the blood types. I know I will get some who disagree but this is just my opinion as a first time player.

Edited by TAP3WORM

This should help, cherish this blood chart. 

6RdNGfn.jpg?1

Wow this is fantastic, up until now I thought you could only bloodbag someone with the same bloodtype never knew some were compatible with all etc! Thanks! enjoy my beans 

At some point the complexity and stress of having to worry about 500 different variables to keep stable and survive becomes .... well...unfun. There needs to be a happy medium found in which the noobs like me who jump in and play have some sort of chance without rage quiting as well as satisfying the more experienced vets who have been playing for years. To me it is obvious that many aspects of this game need to be made slightly more forgiving or taken out completely ie the blood types. I know I will get a lot of hate from some on this but I never said I gave a rip lol.

The thing is though, that would detract from what brought so many people to DayZ in the first place - the fact that it was something different - it was a survival game, and it absolutely didn't hold your hand - if you didn't know something, you learned it fast or you died and then you learned it.

It's a slightly harsh way to put it (and it's not intended as a jab at you personally), but if a player isn't willing to put the 'hard yards' in and learn about the basic building blocks that make the game what it is, then they don't deserve the rich and varied experiences those building blocks can create. Like has already been illustrated here, blood types can force bandit players to need to kidnap a passing player in the hope that they have a matching blood type, whereas before, they might just have shot him just for the lulz.

I do understand that it's a steep learning curve for new players, and I haven't forgotten the numerous cheap deaths I suffered in my own early days, but those deaths were learned from, and they gave me experience to carry forward deeper into the wonderful sandbox that is Chernarus.

• Like 2

Point taken. After I get a few hours under my belt I am sure that my feeling would be the same too. At any rate as someone who has had to suffer throught WarZ aka ISS game I will be happy if just the hackers are kept at bay. Sounds like they have really gone out of their way with the MMO architecture to make it harder to hack.

• Like 1

So basically 'it made my personal choice of playstyle harder than it used to be, so it's stupid'? Is that the point you're getting at?

You said it yourself - part of the reason it's in there is to force the KoS players to think about what they're doing rather than just charging in and wasting everyone they see. There's handcuffs in-game - you can always kidnap someone at gunpoint, cuff 'em and lead them somewhere quiet to drain their precious blood. After that, it's up to you what you do with them.

I agree. I think it's great that it forces people to seek others. I think OP's complaint is exactly what was intended.

I've played a KoS bandit in DZM, and this would have gone a long way to make things more engrossing and less boring. I struggled to find a reason to not KoS in the mod. You were usually at a disadvantage if you played otherwise. I think there needs to be even more done to add to the appeal of teamwork.

• Like 1

I think this is amazing, the bloody type adds more survival to the game, it kills KOS asepct because if you need blood, you would better off testing it from the person and using his blood.

Yeah, I agree, it's a fantastic feature! What the OP described, having to shoot someone in the leg and all just to take blood from them, is one of the best / most interesting reasons for player interaction I've ever heard of. If you play as a bandit and this kind of increased difficulty makes you squirm, then go back to being a friendly and leave the banditry to those who like difficulty.

Disagree with the OP completely, it means a group will have a much harder time keeping each other alive and that it in turn should make the game more balanced.

So long story short - if a guy is about to kill you, just scream out "I'm O negative!"

No but really, if you think the odds are "impossible" of having compatible blood, then you clearly didn't bother to look up how blood compatibility works before posting.

Yersteday I was dying and was with my brother. Turns out he was A+ and I was A- ... Which encouraged us to keep moving to search for a way to cure me. Turns out when I was about to die I found the antibiotics I needed. Without the compatibility issues one would simple give blood to each other disencouraging the use of nutrition or other alternatives. This way is perfect and adds an increased difficulity, one of the problems we had on the mod were that regaining blood was as easy as getting a transfusion done, which could be done in mid combat easily.

• Like 1

all the quotes that it makes KOS less advantageous are false.

i'm still going to kill people, just with a 2 minute delay while i siphon blood first.

The lack of available test kits or spawning knowledge of your blood type (who the fuck does not know what blood type they are?) makes survival beyond a few hours in game next to impossible unless you luck out with spawns and loot. That is not difficulty is simply rolling the dice on survival.

I am surprised at the number of people who need that picture to know how blood type works, and then claim that there are goods odds of compatibility. Considering the number of incompatible matches. 

So long story short - if a guy is about to kill you, just scream out "I'm O negative!"

Good way to get shot in the leg while someone siphons you.

To add to this issue, what happens when potential doners alt f4?

Adding to difficulty by making zombies more dangerous, bullets hurt more, or things like that are fine. Blood type is simply adding a reliance on the randoms and LUCK.