Sign in to follow this  
normandy

Gunshot sounds

Hello there

Ive played the alpha for a good 20 hours now, and me and my friend noticed that we can only hear gunshots if they get fired really close to us.

For example if we are 50 m removed from each other we can't hear each others gunshots

So my question is would you like this to stay or changed. Obviously i am not in favor of this, i think it's really nice and scary to hear gunshots in a distance, definitely at night.

I don't know if it is a bug at the moment, but if it is i hope they fix it at some point.

Anyway post here if you are experiencing the same problem, and whether or not you want this changed.

Thnx

I have heard local gunfire in towns (think someone popping a zombie), but I don't hear the gunshot if I'm getting shot at.  A friend of mine confirmed the same thing, I fired across his bow at about 50m and he heard the bullet but not the shot.  I was using a Mosin M4*.

Hope this helps.

Edited by swiggintanks

I haven't really noticed if gun shots are very noticeable or not.  I think that the M4 gun shots sound pretty weak.  I was getting shot at by some guy with an M4 yesterday and except for the fear of getting hit, it wasn't that scary.  

I would like if the gun shot sounds traveled far like they did in the JSRS mod for Arma 2.

Edited by Skat3rat

Speaking of which. Why does the melee weapons still make gunshot sounds? :S

I haven't really noticed if gun shots are very noticeable or not.  I think that the M4 gun shots sound pretty weak.  I was getting shot at by some guy with an M4 yesterday and except for the fear of getting hit, it wasn't that scary.  

I would like if the gun shot sounds traveled far like they did in the JSRS mod for Arma 2.

This. You should be able to hear gunshots several 100's of meters away. It would be so awesome sitting outside Cherno, hearing gunshots.

well it might not be the highest on the priority list, at least i'm not the only one who thought this needed changing