Sign in to follow this  
purplehazetoss

Zombies see throught the walls?

So I was inside a house, closed both doors.

I start to loot stuff on the ground and bang! Mad zombie sounds.

The zombie was to the other side of the wall, I was crouched.

How is it possible?

Rocket has been trying to resolve this issue since Day Z was started. A few updates have tried to fix it but no success so far. They can attack through the walls sometimes too.

If you are in a building with zeds outside just make sure you continue to crouch or if possible stay prone, just as you would outside a building.

yes problem is your char stands up while goin in some houses for some reason.

and because zeds see you earlier its possible they see you through walls even if you are prone inside the house. i wont play any more untill this is fixed because i lost my char wich was 7 weeks old with it.. and the imbalance of spawn rates. couldnt even kill my way through...

(no, not cryin, idc about the char, but atm looting makes no sence since you will loose your loot anyways, cause zeds see you...)

yes problem is your char stands up while goin in some houses for some reason.

and because zeds see you earlier its possible they see you through walls even if you are prone inside the house. i wont play any more untill this is fixed because i lost my char wich was 7 weeks old with it.. and the imbalance of spawn rates. couldnt even kill my way through...

(no' date=' not cryin, idc about the char, but atm looting makes no sence since you will loose your loot anyways, cause zeds see you...)

[/quote']

Don't get attached to your character, they most always will die due to bugs, bandits or zombies... Though you sound like you are more attached to the loot. By extension, the loot is your character, thus my first sentence.

For the OP, this problem will probably continue to persist until Rocket will recode walls, or recode the zombies. Rocket is a very busy man so don't expect any immediate fixes. Even if there is a quick fix, it'll probably bug out. It will be fixed sometime.

I've never had any trouble. Sure some get aggrod, but putting the game away because of this reason? Seems pretty childish. It's not even hard to get the simple survival loot. Only thing hard is hoping that they spawn :D

I've never had any trouble. Sure some get aggrod' date=' but putting the game away because of this reason? Seems pretty childish. It's not even hard to get the simple survival loot. Only thing hard is hoping that they spawn :D

[/quote']

Brofist this guy. Positive attitude for the win.

Nah im not attached to my char or anything at all, its part of the game that you loose your stuff, so np with that in general.

I just dont have that much fun now any more. The game is meant to be realistic. So zeds that see you through walls doesnt seem realistic at all to me.

I liked the way it was before. Even tho they were a little too easy to pass by, they at least didnt see you in houses.

Its a Bug and im not angry or anything. Just for me, it doesnt make sense since im not the type of player just walking from deerstand to deerstand and avoid cities. Nor did i ever had problems with killing a few zeds. But respawn now is too fast to get away if you are trapped by them. I have time, i can wait :)

I liked the way it was before. Even tho they were a little too easy to pass by' date=' they at least didnt see you in houses.

[/quote']

Filled with shame, I must agree with you. Pre 1.7.1 was amazing. I truly hope 1.7.2 is better.

Im aware it was a compromise, but imo untill the house/scenery issue isnt solved i dont see any reason to make em the way they are atm. I would be happy if they where like now, but didnt see you through buildings or behind scenerey.

I'm pretty sure it's the sound. This problem was solved for me when I SLOW crouched inside.

I once had a mad crazy ass sprint run, shooting zombies in the street like they were nothin! Got cornered in a building, taking them down with my AK, one bullet at a time. Was having fun breaking loose from all the sneaking and all that.

Got ended in seconds, as a zombie hit me from the outside through the wall. I know it was from the outside, because when that one hit knocked me unconscious, my head fell out of the building and i could see him munching me.

I think the problem may have been solved for standard attack range, but zombies got a buff in that regard and this bug appeared again.