Bensly jones

Player spawn alert

Some way of knowing when a player spawns nearby. At least a audio that's deaf to zombies. Too many times ppl logout, wait a few minutes then relog and kill. I think a cool way to handle players relogging in the game would have them parachute to their last position. This way you can see them, hear them land and it gives a reason for them suddenly appearing.

Discuss

So if you logged out inside a building you would parachute from the outside to the inside of the building? OOOOR you could implement another system. I don't like this idea. You shouldn't be alerted when other people spawn in, that is ruining the immersion. However, I do think there should be some system to prevent/punish that kind of reconnecting you're talking about, but that should not warn other people imo.

Perhaps this is a halfbaked idea, BUT in response to spawning inside a building, you wouldn't be able to despawn inside a building. And to being shot out of the sky, you need to despawn in a safe area. Which will eliminate a lot of the spawn/server exploits such as server hopping for gear/ easy targets in heavy trafficked areas like the new airfield.

Additionally I'd implement no parachute steering controls and a blurred vission to Discourage respawning for intel. Perhaps when you land you automatically drop you chute which despawns after x minutes and would be a further warning sign of nearby players.

Is it a lot to discourage reloggers

I do see your point, Escaping from zeds is much easier when they have to walk after you in a bldg. But on the same hand, if you are being chased by zombies and you run into a house to have time to disconnect... That's cheating. Run through a house to lose them, yes. The. Get safe and disconnect, absolutely.

I may be interpreting Rockets' motives wrong but I think he wants us to solve our problems before we disconnect. Not disconnect to solve our problems.

Before we start defending the ability to disconnect in a building we should determine the other advantages of buildings becides the zombie speed. Well you have concealment and you have hard cover as well.

And again this is just an idea, designed to entertain my mind at work. This spawning problem is problem already solved by Mr rocket anyways. But if not, how would you imagine solving it?

How bout we have our player wake up crying when you spawn. Cryin for the loss of family. Friends? That crying only be audible to players?

Howabout just giving people an automatic cooldown after they DC? Must wait 10-15 minutes before connecting to any new server. Would prevent server hopping too

It would not pervent sever hopping, it would help greatly, but some are probably willing to wait 10 minutes to spawn back in the barracks.