Sign in to follow this  
3bein

SA Inventory Space, weight and movement

The inventory space is probably well thought through. Its still really far from realistic doh. Although I understand that its a game, and playability comes first. But way its setup right now is quite ridonculess :P I think the game shouldn't limit the players desitions. But give the player options, with different outcome. 

Small packs should of course not be able to hold rifles. But 80L hiking pack should have the option to strap them on the side. Rocket mentioned packs that are specifically made for weapons. I think big hiking pack should be one of them (strap on side like in real life). This should however affect movement and energy spending. If you exceed for example 30kg, one shouldn't be able to sprint, run up hills. If over 50kg you shouldn't be able to jog for more than 30 sek. (Take in mind this numbers are pulled out of my arse.) 

That would make scenarios where you have to ditch your pack, in order to be able to outrun a zombie or player or what ever. But still be able to haul allot of shit around, just very slowly.

Cargo pants
A thigh pocket can hold more than 1 can of sardines. And ingame you get 2 more slots for 2 thigh pockets. 8 slots, 2 per pocket, would be more realistic.

Backpacks

A 80L hiking pack could probably hold 100++ sardine cans. Or contain 4+ rifles. One can at least strap a rifle on the side. Making the the backpacks a tad bigger won't so bad. My 130L could probably hold 100 000 pens.. 

Load Bearing Vest
The UK LBV seem to be a Atriks/WebTex Jungle/Gen OPs/assualt/whatever vest.

In real life has(yes, theres a million versions):

4 x mag pouches - each holds 3x 5.56 mags

2 x canteen/utility
2 x utility
2 x internal utility

2 x small internals

1 x cammelbak pouch

Thats 12x 5.56 mags, 2-4xgrenades, 1x canteen, 1x cammelbak, 2x rations, kompas, maps, gps, and you still have room for more stuff :P That would be 40+ slots? 

If I'm not mistaken, the UK vest only has 4 main/mag pouches, and 2 on chest. But that still should be at least 10 slots, if not 12 or even 14. 

Chestrigs like chicom could have 6-8 slots. 

chicom-vest.jpg

And fanny packs could have 3 slots :D

fanny.jpg

More slots, more weight effects, more walking, more happiness.. Ish :P

Edited by 3BEIN

I personally think it will make the game too easy. Even the smallest backpack would be able to hold a rifle then...

• Like 1

I like it the way it is.

Not to mention 100+ sardine cans and 4 rifles would break your back.

Don't change any invy sizes rocket!

I like the new style of inventory. It also encourages you to organise your bag so you can fit larger objects in :D

I think the game shouldn't limit the players desitions. But give the player options, with different outcome. 

Small packs should of course not be able to hold rifles. But 80L hiking pack should have the option to strap them on the side. Rocket said mentioned packs that are specifically made for weapons. I think big hiking pack should be one of them. 

This should however affect movement and energy spending. If you exceed for example 30kg, one shouldn't be able to sprint, run up hills. If over 50kg you shouldn't be able to jog for more than 30 sek. Take in mind this numbers are pulled out of my arse ;) 

That would make scenarios where you have to ditch your pack, in order to be able to outrun a zombie or player or what ever. But still be able to haul allot of shit around, just very slowly :)