Chronos Blackburn

The North is almost empty

Myself and the rest of Whiskey Company, (about 6 guys) all geared up after about the first couple of hours of game launch.

We knew we had to get away from Electro and Cherno quickly to get past the rush, we did have 1 causality, due to sickness, but through that 1 death we have figured out the Medical system, and the Nutrition system pretty extensively.

There are a lot of aspects to the Medical and Nutrition system, but that is for another thread.

First thing we did was make our way north up the coast to find that ship, after that we headed to the NEAF, then to Starry, then to the NWAF.

After we left Electro we have not run into a single survivor, not 1 person. The entire time we have focused on being in high pop servers.

Where is everyone?

1598256.jpg

• Like 1

i already experienced this 

the airfield was totally abandoned yesterday and the villages in the north are full of loot

i think most people are just sitting on the coast or just die on the way north

• Like 1

Currently, there's no reason to leave the coast. Only the reason would be less players, but with no vehicles to repair/players to meet I don't see a reason why you would want to leave it. If you're not a lonewolf of course, but I like finding friends on the coast right now :)

There are also lots of houses to loot, so it takes much longer to actually scavenge a city for things.

Edited by voddler

i already experienced this 

the airfield was totally abandoned yesterday and the villages in the north are full of loot

i think most people are just sitting on the coast or just die on the way north

I don't see how this is possible, there are so many Veteran DayZ players, the guys you hear about with Gillies and hidden bases far off in the mountains and survive for 160 days, and can snipe someone in Cherno from miles away.... 

Are illness and malnutrition really killing that many people?

Edited by Chronos Blackburn

mhm thought of this myself and i thought i would instantly die when i enter the airfield but nobody seems to head to the common hot spots by now

i mean the airfield is so interesting now as there is a new huge military camp outside with plenty of high grade military loot

in the end i was just looking to get every weapon attachment to pristine level cause my backpack was stuffed with weapons an ammo

I don't see how this is possible, there are so many Veteran DayZ players, the guys you hear about with Gillies and hidden bases far off in the mountains and survive for 160 days, and can snipe someone in Cherno from miles away.... 

Are illness and malnutrition really killing that many people?

Still, the game is pretty new even for experienced DayZMod-players. I also have completely no problems to survive in the Mod, but here I have. I need to get used to the new systems, that's all.

Furthermore, people like to visit some of the new places on coast before going north. The most new 'stuff' is at the coast.

Just wait til people got used to the game and it will change ;)

mhm thought of this myself and i thought i would instantly die when i enter the airfield but nobody seems to head to the common hot spots by now

i mean the airfield is so interesting now as there is a new huge military camp outside with plenty of high grade military loot

in the end i was just looking to get every weapon attachment to pristine level cause my backpack was stuffed with weapons an ammo

I rather walk around the coast as of now, handing out Can Openers to people so they can stay alive.

Where there is need of my help, I'll be there.

• Like 1

Everyone is laying on the ground unconscious..

Rofl, brilliant. Or they're looking for their unconscious friends :P

I rather walk around the coast as of now, handing out Can Openers to people so they can stay alive.

Problem is, some of us run like hell as soon as we see a flashlight. God I needed a can-opener last night, but after getting killed once and chased another, I decided the best was to avoid other players altogether. It's hard enough to stay alive as it is :P

I've done that too, but I handcuff the person first, then drop the can opener in front of them

Cant be too safe.

I do not know on what servers do you play, we encounter few players up north, last night. No problems there :) Maybe they are just avoiding other players and you did not see them.