Sign in to follow this  
Kieth Stone

Sickness

Hey fellas, been playing a few hours and realized i am currently deathly ill in DayZ. I have been able to fight off going unconcious with copious amounts of food and water up to now, but am wondering. Has anyone figured out a way to stop being sick?

Symptoms

-Coughing

-Wheezing

-Fading Screen

What I Have Tried

-Vitamins

-Bandages

-Rags

-Charcoal Tablets

I haven't been able to locate any Antibiotics yet. If anyone has any ideas for what may be a solution to this problem that would be great! I wouldn't want to lose any of the awesome gear I've gathered up to now. Also the "Sick" icon in the Gear screen randomly goes away for some reason, though my character still maintains the symptoms.

s6XMryQ.jpg

0nnpF1w.jpg

• Like 1

Have you been trying to keep yourself properly hydrated with some clean water and not moving so much? You might have contracted Cholera. 

I am well hydrated, but have been moving a lot. Should I just grab a bunch of food & water and go hit F3 and sit in the woods somewhere for a bit?

Me and my Brother were at NWAF and found somebody full of stuff. We got him down and looted him some antibiotics that cured my "sickness" status.

1. Hydrate

2. Take Antibiotics

- Either broad spectrum antibiotics (very rare, in hospitals)

-or take a Syringe with the liquid antibiotics and inject yourself (also very rare)

3. Disinfect everything you touch (with disinfectant bottle)

4. Eat alot of food.

5. Dont move to fast (this means walk) until you get better.

You need to find antibiotics. The best place to find them is the camouflage military building with a jail cell inside. You can find these at the airfields, at Green Mountain, Balota, and other places. Also, the tower at Green Mountain sometimes spawns antibiotics.

Hmm i just had "Sick" status,groaning and stuff.  I sit down in woods, drink  some clean water even tho i was not thirsty, ate a can of beans, took some painkillers and some charcoal tabs.... while browsing forum how to threat sickness for about 5 minutes.....the status "sick" disappeared, but i still hear from time to time that my character is groaning, is it maybe from wounds?

Hmm i just had "Sick" status,groaning and stuff.  I sit down in woods, drink  some clean water even tho i was not thirsty, ate a can of beans, took some painkillers and some charcoal tabs.... while browsing forum how to threat sickness for about 5 minutes.....the status "sick" disappeared, but i still hear from time to time that my character is groaning, is it maybe from wounds?

Try to bandage, if he is groaning that means he is going to get sick again.

Been playing for past 1 hour with him groaning, there is no "sick" status anymore , i got message that my wounds are clean and do not hurt anymore....but im no longer thirsty nor hungry that much... before this sickness he was always hungry and thirsty, now i havent even seen the "thirsty" indicator.... and im running from town to town.

Is a bug of sort?

I too am moaning and groaning, without any indication of illness. Not hungry or thirsty or bleeding, I bandaged myself with sterile bandages and such.