Is the standalone not optimized yet or am I experiencing fps drops because my rig isn't beastly enough? I usually get 40 fps in the day z epoch mod but now I'm down to 25 in the standalone. If someone could shed some light on the matter, it would be greatly appreciated.  Is this typical for a game in alpha or should i really consider an upgrade for my gaming pc? Its kind of distracting when you're playing the game ad everything isn't going smoothly. 

Is the standalone not optimized yet or am I experiencing fps drops because my rig isn't beastly enough? I usually get 40 fps in the day z epoch mod but now I'm down to 25 in the standalone. If someone could shed some light on the matter, it would be greatly appreciated.  Is this typical for a game in alpha or should i really consider an upgrade for my gaming pc? Its kind of distracting when you're playing the game ad everything isn't going smoothly. 

could be a hacker came on the server, used an engine hack to destroy some buildings and that would create lag

could be a hacker came on the server, used an engine hack to destroy some buildings and that would create lag

What? As opposed to the much more sane idea of the game simply not being optimized enough yet?

What? As opposed to the much more sane idea of the game simply not being optimized enough yet?

nah, its an alpha is not an excuse for the hacking that plagues stand alone, like it plagued the mod

Edited by piffkush

25 FPS is a good bit. Please leave space for peopl who are getting bad  FPS

Rocket already said that our clients arent optimized at all yet, but the SERVERS are. 

nah, its an alpha is not an excuse for the hacking that plagues stand alone, like it plagued the mod

What hacking?

It's not optimized at all for client FPS.  Occlusion culling isn't even in yet.