ghostsniper1199

Questions on purchasing Arma for DayZ

Hey guys!

So, I recently got a new computer and I am looking into purchasing Dayz... but I've ran into some dilemas. The buddies that I want to play with bought Arma 2: CO off of steam, but from what I've heard steam isn very reliable. I am looking into just downloading it off of amazon. But my primary question is will i be able to play with my friends if I buy it off of amazon and if I should just buy it off of steam.

Yes, you will still be able to play with them on a retail version of the game.  Make sure you purchase Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA otherwise known and sold as combined operations. Once downloaded use dayz commander to install all your updates and you can filter servers to find which one they are playing on to join them.

Regards,

Steak.

• Like 1

assume you're not interested in the standalone? If your friends migrate you'll have to spend again...

Edited by Lord Snapcase

Thank you Steak, but is dayz commandera seperate mod you download with the mod? and Snapcase, we're planning on buying the standalone after alpha.. but I might buy that as well... just to support the team.

Thank you Steak, but is dayz commandera seperate mod you download with the mod? and Snapcase, we're planning on buying the standalone after alpha.. but I might buy that as well... just to support the team.

DayZ Commander is a small little program that allows you to view and sort through servers and easily download all of the different DayZ mods outside of steam.  You can of course just manually install dayz by finding the download torrent for it and find servers with the in-game browser, but Commander is much more easy to use and is trusted.

Not sure what you're on about steam being unreliable, but I won't really get into it here.