Sign in to follow this  
CS14

I love playing at night, but this is getting ridiculous.

Now before I get people bitching and moaning that night time is part of the game play and what not, let me go ahead and say that I have zero problems playing at night and I am not one of those who likes to turn up their brightness & gamma. 

Anyways... since the standalone has been released I have gotten to play when it's bright out for what I'd say is around 30 minutes, max. Since I've bought it, which was still bright as day my time, I have found nothing but night server after night server after night server .Even now it's only a little after 3PM my time and every server I connect to is dark. 

What's the day/night cycle? Any day servers that someone knows of at the moment that wouldn't mind sharing?

To reiterate: I have zero problems playing at night and I am not one of those who likes to turn up their brightness & gamma, I just don't want to constantly be playing at night, especially when it is bright as day IRL my time.

The time of day is based off the server location. So my only thought is these servers are based in the UK. Or the people running the server have the time based off UK time. My only assumption.

The time of day is based off the server location. So my only thought is these servers are based in the UK. Or the people running the server have the time based off UK time. My only assumption.

I've been connecting to US East & West coast servers and still nothing.

Join later if you don't want to play at night, simple as that.

Do you not have a job? Is there an employment penalty for DayZ that means you're condemned to play in darkness eternal? Alienating the people who have jobs and therefore money to buy, say, beta and final release games does not sound like a wise business strategy.

• Like 4

Well I've found every server I joined to correspond to ~GMT time.Since I played a couple of hours in the dark, and felt I needed some light since progress was slow and I wanted to admire the new graphics... so I tried joining a multitude of US servers just to find they were all dark too.

Perhaps coincidence... but I doubt it.

Do you not have a job? Is there an employment penalty for DayZ that means you're condemned to play in darkness eternal? Alienating the people who have jobs and therefore money to buy, say, beta and final release games does not sound like a wise business strategy.

I agree completely. I enjoy  both day and night play, but Day is generally more productive and given all my real life daytime commitments I find it unfair to have restricted daylight each week day. Many gamers don't get a chance to play video games until the evening... therefore the current system needs rethought I think.

I agree with ts. And to the ones speculating in server location. There is a message saying hosted by viela or viola or something like that. And if they run GMT time i am puzzled. Been home early and at most i ever seen is a sunset.... So in other words. DARK.

Love night time play. Its very stimulating, pvp wise and just moving around. But this is like 30 days of night...