Sign in to follow this  
gjvah

Performance Issues, anyone have tips?

Hi everyone, been playing the game since it hit Steam, and I have well over 1000 hours into the mod, so I'm used to shitty performance. However, the standalone runs worse than the mod on my PC for some reason (the general consensus seems to be the opposite). So, if anyone has any performance tweaks, please share them. Especially with the new building they put in, my framerate drops below 30, and regardless of what setting I play with (in game) it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Yes, I know it's not finished. Yes I know it's alpha and this sort of thing is expected. No, I am not complaining. Just asking if anyone has discovered some tricks/tweaks to improve performance. From what I can tell it has to do with the "invisible draw distance", in other words, if I face a big city, or the new tall building, even if I can't see them, it seems as though the game is drawing them anyway for some reason.

My rig is no longer top tier as it was a few years ago, but I feel as though I should be getting better frames. Here's the relevant specs:

1100T 6 core at 4GHz (overclocked, watercooled)

6970 2GB

8GB DDR3 1600

Thanks in advance for any tips.  

at the moment it's pretty much random with performance. wait for more optimisation (should be pretty high on the to-do list) and there will be improvements.

Set Memory Usage to Auto and 3d resolution to 100% (obv) and turn down post process effects to low(makes u less seasick)