A Police Car

IRE1 - possible hacker? More "friendly fire" and instant respawns, video included

So a bit of background leading up to the start of the video:

Just joined up with a guy to run through NWA and we were moving south to north, just got to the firestation and were crawling prone across to the ATC tower before we went in the station. I was scanning around in free look, and saw a really distant character running full-speed, so I check it out thinking it's a zombie chasing someone and worth being aware of. But it's pretty clear he's making a beeline in our direction, so I fire a couple of rounds at it thinking it's some glitched infected that somehow detected us from 7-800m away, because it was flying past all the other infected that were ambling about without aggroing them. It ducks into a hangar, and I realise it's a player that's not detectable by the infected, so I tell the guy I'm with to go into the firestation instead and be ready for someone coming up on us from behind.

About 10-15 seconds later the guy appears at the main doors, just not giving a fuck about the infected around him, AKM in hand. I open up on him and down him, but no murder/bandit kill appears in my debug menu (already had one from before, but it remains at one). Friend goes to loot the corpse and I join him, take a few blood bags and morphine injectors off him. I go back inside, the guy I'm with shouts out that the guy's back and running towards us, so I go prone in the rear corner and disconnect, not wanting to get offed by a hacker/griefer. Friend gets killed after aggroing some infected by running indoors, says he wounded the guy and thinks he died and is being eaten, isn't sure if it's the same person. I reconnect, see the guy run back into the firestation and to my friend's corpse at the foot of the staircase. Then the video kicks in as I remember I have something to record with.

Turns out it was the same guy I killed all three times, Suggsy89, inside the space of five minutes. Each time I checked his corpse he had the same gear as the first time we downed him, but all his previous corpses remained. Add to that the not aggroing infected despite running around in front of them, instant respawning, unusual death report, no kill indicated in the debug menu and all that noise, I was a bit suspicious so wanted to check, innit. I don't know if this is a hacker, as I've been lucky enough not to come across an overt one yet, or if it's a known glitch but I'm submitting it here because searching for "killed by friendly fire" yielded a bunch of threads in the cheat reporting section.

Anyway, vidjo (HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE FUCKED-UP AUDIO WARNING, waiting on YT to finish changing the audio track to something less ear-rapey): http://youtu.be/yECopkCGgnY

tl;dq

Seen your name on the server, ahahaha good job on the video.

We must have been a good 10 minutes apart, kinda glad we didn't bump into each other as it'd have not boded well for either of us.

tl;dq

Seen your name on the server' date=' ahahaha good job on the video.

We must have been a good 10 minutes apart, kinda glad we didn't bump into each other as it'd have not boded well for either of us.

[/quote']

For me, at least. That one murder I have is in self-defence from someone camping the barracks and not responding to DC, generally try to team up with people (at my own cost, usually, was surprised the guy I teamed up with didn't kill me). But seeing a player sprinting headlong towards you without aggroing infected suspended those rules for a little while.

I do change name a lot though, so if you come across someone with a retarded name in uppercase I'm probably easy game. SADFACE

PVP is strong with DayZ these days but hackers is just sad.

how is it possible to respawn at airfield with exactly the same gear 3 times in a row?

police car here got lucky he survived I however was not so lucky.

even after 5 clean AKM shots that suggsy fag just came back over and over again. (who knows maybe I even killed him after all but he just spawned again as shown in video)

not cool

Busted.

Maybe. We still don't know if it's someone exploiting a glitch or being a naughty cheeky hackerchap. Guess the evidence is there for the DayZ staff to mull over and make of what they will. Though to be honest if I found myself experiencing a glitch like this I would want to try and avoid making the most of it, in case I got caught up in the next ban wave incidentally.

I'm still trying to figure out where he came from at 1:08: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yECopkCGgnY&feature=player_detailpage#t=68s

I have encounter a player with the exact same hack running. His name was Collusion.

Ed: And yes, we smoked his ass two times within a minute and left.

Well, hacking or exploiting, it's one or the other. After having no choice but to log out at NWAF yesterday after Suggsy kept running back to try to kill me, I chanced it today and came right across another guy lying on the roof of the ATC camping looters:

http://i.imgur.com/B7C86.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5CNC0.jpg

He was obviously aware of the fact that he couldn't be detected as he'd set up with a loud weapon, not caring about attracting infected, and after the first time I killed him he just sprinted across to the firestation (past an infected the level below me) and we wiped each other out simultaneously.

Hacking or just a glitch caused by different versions, people are definitely exploiting it to their advantage with apparent impunity. If there was some kind of sign that anyone was addressing this they might be less inclined to go around doing it as much.

I will let villain know about this thread.

I was online when this was happening, we assumed it was suggsy trying to log in and getting reamed in the debug forest, he was killed 3 or 4 times in a row.

Killed him a few times this week, thought he was a decent player. Hes been on the server since we set it up.

Ah well explains a few mysterious deaths anyway.

I banned him for a day last night as I wasnt sure what he was at, the ban will be extended now, thanks for the report.

Killed him a few times this week' date=' thought he was a decent player. Hes been on the server since we set it up.

Ah well explains a few mysterious deaths anyway.

[/quote']

Yeah I've seen him around since I started visiting it as well. He may well still be and this might just be a bug, as I've said. But people are definitely using it to their advantage, and what an advantage it is. Just ran back inland and had someone shooting at me amongst the Stary tents as I tried to gear up, with none of the infected being alerted to him. Some twilight zone style business going on lately.

I had this bug happen to me before. No matter what I did, I just kept respawning in the same place with all my gear. I don't know how it happened; so, I don't know if it is something people can cause on purpose. Even switching servers did not fix the problem. I just stopped playing until an update went through and that fixed things. Could be that he is not a hacker, just a guy who got bugged and decided to take advantage of it.

Probably still worth a temp ban, at least, haha.