peewizzle

beta update issues :( can't play dayz now

hey guys new to the forums but been playing DayZ from the start. i downloaded the STEAM copy of ARMA2 CO in may. long story short though. I went off for business for the past 3 weeks and haven't had a chance to play DayZ since the hotel i was in didn't have adequate wifi (shitty ping). came back and seen all these updates and beta patch? i left when DayZ was just at 1.7

i saw that 1.7.1.5 required beta so i downloaded beta patch 93965. the instructions i found everywhere on the forums said to extract to blahblahblah/arma2oa/expansion/beta folder so i did that and launched the beta patcher. instantly the dialog will go from 3% and shoot to 100% in less than a second and say verifying version 1.60.xxxx and then itll say successfully patched version 1.60.xxxx

i also read instructions that said i had to copy and paste something from that beta folder into the main arma2oa folder but there's nothing to copy. ive edited the launch parameters over and over and over with so many different strings that various installers have provided and nothing works. i also edited the target path of the "launch ARMA2OABETA" in the main OA folder with the -mod=@dayz yada yada yada

when i launch game through steam as ARMA2CO, it says something like cannot load directx9 graphical something.

when i launch through the ARMA2OABETA, it says missing chernaurus

i was up for literally 3 hours lastnight trying to rack my brain around what went wrong. now i'm at my work pc stressed out that i messed up my ARMA2 and can't play DAYZ :( sorry if there has already been a million threads on this i almost got teary eyed when i arrived home to find that i can't play the game i've been waiting weeks to come home to.

i have a late 2011 macbookpro quadcore 2.2 i7 + 8gb ram + 512mb amd radeon 6750m with windows 7 ultimate x64 through bootcamp and have been running DayZ fine since day 1

I copied the .exe file from the Beta folder to the main folder, replacing the game's main .exe, then launched through Steam. Worked for me. More detailed instructions can be found on these forums with a bit of searching.

i searched and thats an answer i found but when i launch the beta installer it doesn't install anything into my folder. just has that dialog which i mentioned goes from 3% to 100% in a second. i let that dialog sit for about 30 mins too to see if anything different would happen but nothing...

i've done that too. and re extracted into the expansions/beta folder and ran the beta patcher over and over again and still nothing. i am really hoping i don't have to reinstall Arma 2 + OA again. i'm not sure if i have to download again through steam to install.