Radiix (DayZ)

Server files?

Oh... This is problem... 50 servers for Europe (sarcasm), but 0 for Asian... and you have something to say about what you have a problem?!

Locking a server will lead to abuse as it's happened in the mod. You'll be the only one on the server and can loot away with no risk and then possibly jump to a public server with your full gear and kill all the freshspawns.

It's not different from cheating, as it's giving you an unfair advantage over other players.

And I think you guys seem to be forgetting that it was forbidden to host servers privately on the mod last year as well. It only happened because someone hacked theHiveExt.dll and rocket said, that they aren't supported and not allowed.

Let's just keep it to that for now, as noone asked you to host a server and there are plenty out there the community is not paying for and it will eventually become cheaper.

We're paying 56€ / month, which isn't too far away from the prices in the early state of the mod, as it's hard to deal with, as it's new and there's no experience yet.

And even though you might seem to think the hosters are updating very slowly - just take a lookat how many servers there are to update. You obviously would be quicker to update your server, but try doing it as fast as the providers with 1,000 servers.

Give it time, you'll get around to be able to host the servers.

Jesus christ your just being ignorant. You whole point is killed by one fact.

Community hosted servers wont be on the main hive! Rocket even said this himself in another thread.

Also they are already working on it so no need to discuss it further. Its already happening!

Edited by Zanders
  • Like 2

Jesus christ your just being ignorant. You whole point is killed by one fact.

Community hosted servers wont be on the main hive! Rocket even said this himself in another thread.

Also they are already working on it so no need to discuss it further. Its already happening!

Actually, you're the one that's being ignorant. At the moment, there is no way for privately hosted servers not to be on the main hive. That's what they're working on, and that's why the files aren't out there yet. As soon as they can make sure that private hives can actually run as private hives and not interact with the main hive, you'll be able to host your server and lock it and play all on your lonesome.

I'm really not sure what part of that is causing you comprehension issues.

Edited by Target Practice

I would say that i do not beleave thay should release the server files to allow the forming of private servers

untill maybe beta or full release, to stop people changing the game and abusing before it is fully releast.

We all have seen what happend to the mod version and how the private server ran.. Thats not saying they are all bad. ;)

But as my question in a earlyer post says,

Would be good if we the public server providers could get a clear answer as to why we have not been included in the alpha release regarding running a SA server for you like we have been doing with the DayZ Mod and continue to support Razor and all for all there work they continue to do on the mod. ??

us public server providers who would love to host public SA server as we have been doing, for me since june 2012,

who do not admin abuse should of also been included to continue to help DayZ grow by providing a public server

and helping as we have been doing.

But i feel we have been let down and disappointed, even feel used after all the time and effort we have also put

into DayZ and the community, to make DayZ what it is today. ^_^

• Like 3

I dont think they will release the files tbh.I think this has already been thought through by the Dayz Dev Team. I think Dayz is going down the Ea style route. They will give 5 companies the server files for ranked servers [The Dayz Data Base at a premium fee]. Then they will give them another set of unranked files [Not connected to DZDB at a fee].

The patch released the other night was all about security and not the security of hackers but more the fact they could already see people setting up Private Db's. So what they did was remove that feature from the Dayz.exe, gave the 5 providers a new DayZserver.exe.

In reality if they were gonna release the files anyway why put so much effort into removing the -server option what harm really comes from the modders getting hold of it or people who are interested in creating Private Hives.

The game is were it is now because of people who took the Arma 2 Files Modded it and created Dayz. Dayz became popular and the private hive appeared. Then Dayz grew so much Its now become its own game.

As for Hackers they will always be part of Arma & Dayz because of the structure of the game which allows people to make create and mod. So from the level of access you will always get the super noob who thinks its funny to teleport behind you in game kill your 3 days hard work and laugh about it on youTube.

As for people saying they should not release the files to the private servers i dont see the reason for this? it will never affect your game play or the quality of service. everyone has a choice and they will make it them selves.People will choose to either go on a private hive or a DayzDb hive. You can tell which servers are connected to the DayzDB and the ones who are not.

When i set up our 120man Dayzstandalone server it stated clearly that it was running version 0 were the ranked 1s all said 118332.

Anyways Goodluck all enjoy the Dark nights of Dayz [NOW REALY DARK NIGHTS]

Do anyone know if there will be server files that will let you run a lan server or hamachi server for just you and your friends?

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/156129-confirmed-upcoming-features-for-dayz/#entry1564197

Additional options for those hosting servers will be rolled out as soon as we can. We want to encourage a "hardcore" mode that will operate on a separate database, featuring things like first person only, no hide body, etc... In addition, we also want to provide passworded servers that will operate on their own shard of the database. This shard could be grouped, so that a group of passworded servers could operate on their own database. Eventually, we would like to see these different communities on their own db running their own variations of DayZ to meet specific communities needs.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/153994-early-access-important-information-known-issues/#entry1545068

We want to allow private hosting, which includes passworded servers, but we are finalizing changes to our database that will allow us to run a little data instance just for that server. This gives the best of both having a database and having a private community, without those private communities affecting the main database.

Hope that helps anyone who still dont understand what i am talking about!

I understand we have to wait for server files but the question is how long?

I have a dedicated server that I use to host other game servers on. I will NOT pay anywhere near as much as I pay for a dedicated server just to rent one.

Having server files helps the community in many ways, it allows owners of the servers to do their own improvements to the game. It also helps keeping a server going.

If you have not noticed people are more willing to donate for a private server with mods on it to give them perks. By them donating to the owner the server gets to stay up.

Renting servers is not free and it is not cheap. Having a reason to donate helps A LOT.

I will be waiting for the server files because as I said I refuse to pay for a overpriced server. My dedicated server has Intel Xeon E3-1230v2, 32GB DDR3 ECC RAM, 500GB SATAIII HDD, and 100Mbps connection (Windows Server 2008 R2)  in a data center in Atlanta, GA. It cost $120. With this I can either host multiple servers or I can up the player limit. If I wanted 100 players I would have to $100-$200 just for the DayZ server. With this I can host as many people as I want and control my server. I can host whatever I want and not be restricted to just a DayZ server.

Looking forward to the server files. Thanks for the amazing game!

• Like 1

Yeah, 

actually I feel let down by the dayz team. I host a official dayz server for more than a year. Not even an approach to give is first chance to host. 

Now they work with moneymaking providers (300+ servers) yeah, beat that. 

Thanks for letting us host ... for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)

I know around 5 - 10 Provider in Germany they all wait for hosting dayz Standalone.

The Problem is all Big hoster they already big the will be bigger and bigger

But the little hoster they want to host dayz and would be bigger they cant.

No Offizial announcement about Application. Thats Shit :/