Sign in to follow this  
daedrick

Top issues I believe should be priority number one.

on the issue of 3rd person.......

just join an expert server if you hate it when others have the ability to go 3rd person, don't make people who like 3rd suffer just because you don't have the will to switch servers. I can't even play in 1st person in this game for long periods of time or i get massive headaches due to the head bobbing and limited fov.

Guys, just stop saying I can play on a veterant server, thats what I am already doing, thank you very much, and its not the point. Its directly related to point number two.

Also, once again, you can turn off head bobbing completly in option, so its a non-issue.

Bump for visibility.

3rd person removal is balance priority. Yes it gives an unfair advantage in certain circumstances, for instance players in high positions can view down without being seen while the target below cannot utilize this mechanic in reversal because of terrain differences.

Although Im now doubting whether DayZ will ever amount to more than a freebie side project fun mod. To be successful it will need to cater for the (casual ) masses which will result in an easy-mode imbalanced trash heap.

Im for the nametags. I believe a way to recognize people or simply know who they are is important. A name tells you a lot about someone' date=' especialy in a video game, its a better feature than heart beat or bandit skin to figure out if someone is friendly or not, in my opinion.

[/quote']

Hell no to this, tags make it near impossible to hide. People just scan with their mouse until giant green tags pop up.

Eh' date=' I was with you until the rant about 3rd person. Peeking around corners is a bit silly, but everyone on that server can do it so it doesn't exactly confer an individual advantage. It may not be how you like to play, but it's hardly a critical game-breaking issue and there are hundreds of things the devs could work on that are probably higher priority. Just avoid servers that do not have your preferred settings. There are plenty of servers in all configs to choose from.

[/quote']

I don't really like 3rd person. Obviously I can use it too, but it is cheesy as hell to be able to hide behind a wall and use 3dp to look around with complete invisibility.

I'm fine with just playing on a 3dp=0 server, but if rocket eventually standardizes servers, it should definitely be without 3rd person.

3rd person removal is balance priority. Yes it gives an unfair advantage in certain circumstances' date=' for instance players in high positions can view down without being seen while the target below cannot utilize this mechanic in reversal because of terrain differences.

Although Im now doubting whether DayZ will ever amount to more than a freebie side project fun mod. To be successful it will need to cater for the (casual ) masses which will result in an easy-mode imbalanced trash heap.

[/quote']

I totally agree, and indeed you explained it better than me. For instance, a player can hide in an airfield tower, stay prone, while being able to see all around him incoming players. Meanwhile, the player bellow, even if he use third person wont ever be able to see the guy in the tower that will eventualy crouch and shoot when the other guy on the ground dont expect it.

Though, I disagree with the second point, I dont think dayz need to cater to the masses at all, and thats why its succesful, because its designed to apeal to a niche, and yet the masse came anyway because the concept is good, fresh and new.

@Setuscap

Read the OP in its integrity, so I dont have to repeat myself... but I will do it anyway. Im for nametags TO THE EXTENT that they only appear when players are at talking distance or less. I said in the OP that I dislike tree line scanning because of nametags.