Sign in to follow this  
jackbamm

A proper good way to balance the start out

Alright, so we've got a lot of complaints from people that "the start is too damn hard, you bastards, we got NOTHING", which I can almost agree with, seeing as I just before was shot by the very same person I was stalking. (When he spotted me I opted to go for the BARRELROLL and try to do a small dance)

Many people want the Makarov back, but that makes it too easy? A lot of people don't want it back in either, but that makes it too hard?

SOLUTION!:

Melee weapon.

You spawn with a small melee weapon (this will also fix ANYONE's realism argument, as everyone has a knoife or something else). The melee weapons are SHIT, but they are enough to keep you alive. I found a hatchet before I found a gun at all. I just sprinted around Elektro (because I was so flipping bored, and I had nothing to do), when I came over this fella, heavily armed and all, inspecting a crate. I just went over to him and smashed his brains in. It was quite enjoyable.

So how about it? Melee weps arent overpowered. The only time you will get fragged by a guy with a melee wep, he's sneakin' up on ya. And the melee weps will deal with the 2 or 3 zombies that before would have been devastating.

That.. Or you could give a makarov, lower dmg of it, and give only 1 mag (while lowering makarov mag droprate).

Giving everyone a starting melee weapon or letting them fight hand-to-hand would be best. I don't think giving anyone a gun would be very good.