Sign in to follow this  
Troueur

Spawn main gun

Hi all,

I find it realy hard to play the game now that you don't start with a standard yet not that good pistol when spawning.

I don't have that much time to play. Trying to sneak the zombies + finding guns in small towns (usualy they don't) is realy hard. At least if we can start with a small meele weapon like in Resident Evil it would be acceptable level of difficulty. (Could be a knife, machete, a stick...)

Could pick up wood stick when in forest and combine knife+woodstick to make a lance.

Anyway point is. It's REALY hard now.

I won't be a dick like the last elitist, but my advice is to just play like you would if you had a pistol. Crawl and search buildings and you will find a weapon. It may take awhile, but you're telling me it took you less time if you a pistol in your hand? Be patient and you will eventually come across gear.

Welcome to DayZ.

What an absolutely useless comment.

I feel that the starting with no gear is a good thing. It somewhat prevents people from just shooting everyone they meet, I've several times been left alive because I was no threat, and likewise I have spared people because they were no threat.

I'm sorry you're finding the game difficult to play and that you don't have a lot of time to play. But this game is not your usual pick-up-and-play-for-15-minutes-work kind of game and I personally like that. There's a challenge to it, a risk factor, and that what makes it so great. The many low points like having no gun and running from zombies make the successes of finding good weapons and equipment that much greater, and the risk of losing it all makes it that much more exciting and terrifying.

We should spawn with one of those!

Why? Finding a weapon makes game more exciting and teaches you basics of survival. Beside empty tin cans are more useful to sneak around zombies than a weapon.

You don't even need a weapon to survive in DayZ.

DayZ is not just another zombie shooter.

Hi all' date='

I find it realy hard to play the game now that you don't start with a standard yet not that good pistol when spawning.

I don't have that much time to play. Trying to sneak the zombies + finding guns in small towns (usualy they don't) is realy hard. At least if we can start with a small meele weapon like in Resident Evil it would be acceptable level of difficulty. (Could be a knife, machete, a stick...)

Could pick up wood stick when in forest and combine knife+woodstick to make a lance.

Anyway point is. It's REALY hard now.

[/quote']

You know you're probably 100 times safer without a weapon than with just a melee weapon right? Just stop doing stupid stuff.

The only issue I have with not starting with a weapon is the gap that it places between new players and everyone else. This is not to say that there should not be a gap but I know it can be frustrating for people to start a new character and be shot and killed within 5 min.

Don't get me wrong, I'm good with the system thats in place right now. The idea behind the no weapon thing can have the opposite effect of what was intended. So removing a starting weapon to prevent rampent PKing does work, however now anyone with a gun in the starting areas just shoot on sight with little fear because a good deal of people in the area don't have any means to defend them selves. So on the other side of the coin, everyone starting armed can also act as a deterent.

Just my 2 cents, I'm good either way.

Um... starting with a single bandage, single painkiller, and a flashlight is a deterrent enough in my book... honestly I'd say start with just a bandage and a flashlight. Painkillers aren't *necessary* to surviving...but someone would kill for it. If someone started with just a bandage and flashlight... someone would have to be in dire need of a bandage in order to kill someone who just spawned. Whereas...if you've got a weapon...they can kill you and take your ammo.

Um... starting with a single bandage' date=' single painkiller, and a flashlight is a deterrent enough in my book... honestly I'd say start with just a bandage and a flashlight. Painkillers aren't *necessary* to surviving...but someone would kill for it. If someone started with just a bandage and flashlight... someone would have to be in dire need of a bandage in order to kill someone who just spawned. Whereas...if you've got a weapon...they can kill you and take your ammo.

[/quote']

The problem with your reasoning is that you think people kill for loot, they kill for fun.

I like to think of the spawns like this, player is in his/her house running low on food so is forced to move out. Taking last can of food, drink, and the pistol with one mag.

Isn't there one unified thread somewhere for all these posts? Also, you not having a lot of time shouldn't really influence the direction the mod develops in. Not saying you shouldn't have a starting gun, just "I don't have time to do this" is not a reason to change things. It more of a personal issue.

The problem with your reasoning is that you think people kill for loot' date=' they kill for fun.

[/quote']

I don't think all people kill for fun. I think its also reactionary, and territorial. if i kill you, you cant kill me.

I've been down with spawning with no gear once I realized I could lose zombies by ditching them around corners, though buildings, up ladders, etc.

It's not a death sentence if one chases you, just gotta juke 'em!

I still think it's a little bit bizard that your not even able to defend yourself at least bare hand!

I mean you could at least pick a rock or a stick to defend yourself like in walking dead!

Hatchets are spawning with an increased rate i'm sure of it, i've literally walked into industrial buildings and seen 4 on the ground.

That being said LEARN which buildings are worth crawling too run outside of town to the next good building rather then crawling through the entire town (I know its craziness to use some strategy but try it).

Sometimes you can even see the hatchet/gun in the building before you have to get close.

And i'm sorry, but when I spawn and you know get sneaked up on or shot by someone i'm like damn that guy EARNED his gun and killed me. He just didn't hit the enter key and start with it.